• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

quar

Reaction score
apropos, that's some crappy service right there, having paid in full already, I would be seriously pissed if I were you.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd like to share my experience.
I have been waiting on a MTO Carmina order which was paid for in full nearly 16 weeks (~3.5 months) ago on the 18th of July. I was quoted a 6-8 week wait.
  • I sent an email at the 6 week mark asking for an update - no reply.
  • I tried again at the 7 week mark - I then found out about an apparently unforeseen delay of 1 month which no one had bothered to tell me about before. Apparently all of Spain goes on holiday in September. I then was told that I would get a new estimated delivery date - that never came about.
  • I contact them again at the 11 week mark - no reply.
  • I contact them again at the 12 week mark - I find out via an auto-reply email that they're all on holiday. Contact details for another member of the Armoury contact are listed - I contact him.
  • I get prompt replies from this member, and he passes the message on to the staff member who took my order. The phrasing of one of his replies triggers a suspicion that they may have ordered the wrong pair of shoes - I ask for clarification.
  • I find out at the 15 week mark that the wrong pair of shoes have been ordered, and that they will have to go back to Carmina to start all over again.
I am simultaneously angry and amused at the delay, and at the very real prospect that a shoe I ordered in July for a social event in December might actually not make it to me in time(!!!!!). TBH I'm not sure right now if I'll be a repeat customer. :fu:

Hate to hear this...this is the reason why I'm hesitant to order MTO shoes!!

nbernie

Reaction score

time to start demanding free stuff as compensation!!ย 

I was thinking the same thing! I'm sure it'll work out, Mark and Alan have always been very helpful.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sometime next week but it is possible to just contact [email protected] and they can help you make an order over e-mail or telephone.

Thanks to Alan for all the help, got my new A1 last week and took it out for a weekend stroll on the UWS in Manhattan:

IMG_1003.jpg

sprout

Reaction score

I have been waiting on a MTO Carmina order which was paid for in full nearly 16 weeks (~3.5 months) ago on the 18th of July. I was quoted a 6-8 week wait.

• I tried again at the 7 week mark - I then found out about an apparently unforeseen delay of 1 month which no one had bothered to tell me about before. Apparently all of Spain goes on holiday in September. I then was told that I would get a new estimated delivery date - that never came about.
  • I contact them again at the 12 week mark - I find out via an auto-reply email that they're all on holiday. Contact details for another member of the Armoury contact are listed - I contact him.
  • I get prompt replies from this member, and he passes the message on to the staff member who took my order. The phrasing of one of his replies triggers a suspicion that they may have ordered the wrong pair of shoes - I ask for clarification.
  • I find out at the 15 week mark that the wrong pair of shoes have been ordered, and that they will have to go back to Carmina to start all over again.

I am simultaneously angry and amused at the delay, and at the very real prospect that a shoe I ordered in July for a social event in December might actually not make it to me in time(!!!!!). TBH I'm not sure right now if I'll be a repeat customer.
ffffuuuu.gif

The quality of the wares they select for the store is good, but their overall service and communication are very disorganized. It takes forever to get a reply and then sometimes they just forget about you or don't answer, or forget that you were on a wait list or something like that -- even when you are trying to give them your money. Maybe as they grow it will get better. They seem to be perpetually online updating their blogs and so on, so I would hope they'd have time to respond to customer e-mails, but maybe they're too busy drinking Scotch and having fun to care. I suppose the more Machiavellian approach would be to call them directly by phone to get answers on the double, but for a shop that is trying to cement its online presence, their e-mail courtesy could be improved. Maybe it's time to hire a full-time customer service person.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must say, dedicated customer service is important, especially when people are trying to give you money.

Those guys are having fun with it though. Hope that never ends.

cronicmole

Reaction score
Dang apropos, hope you get your stuff soon. Hopefully, they address this situation between photo shoots and blogging

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am simultaneously angry and amused at the delay, and at the very real prospect that a shoe I ordered in July for a social event in December might actually not make it to me in time(!!!!!). TBH I'm not sure right now if I'll be a repeat customer. :fu:

My sincere apologies, this is indeed a very, very poor showing on our part and we have done a bad job in this case. Ethan will be in touch with you later today to try and resolve the situation to your satisfaction.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
My sincere apologies, this is indeed a very, very poor showing on our part and we have done a bad job in this case. Ethan will be in touch with you later today to try and resolve the situation to your satisfaction.
wonder what the outcome will be, maybe you'll get a card holder!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
wonder what the outcome will be, maybe you'll get a card holder!ย 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

or the actual item he ordered in the first place..............that would be awesome!!

:confused:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads