• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

nbernie

Reaction score
A good comparison of the Carmina lasts, via Ethan's blog

L to R: Alcudia, Robert, Simpson, Inca

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

nbernie

Reaction score

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to share my experience.

I have been waiting on a MTO Carmina order which was paid for in full nearly 16 weeks (~3.5 months) ago on the 18th of July. I was quoted a 6-8 week wait.

• I sent an email at the 6 week mark asking for an update - no reply.
  • I tried again at the 7 week mark - I then found out about an apparently unforeseen delay of 1 month which no one had bothered to tell me about before. Apparently all of Spain goes on holiday in September. I then was told that I would get a new estimated delivery date - that never came about.
  • I contact them again at the 11 week mark - no reply.
  • I contact them again at the 12 week mark - I find out via an auto-reply email that they're all on holiday. Contact details for another member of the Armoury contact are listed - I contact him.
  • I get prompt replies from this member, and he passes the message on to the staff member who took my order. The phrasing of one of his replies triggers a suspicion that they may have ordered the wrong pair of shoes - I ask for clarification.
  • I find out at the 15 week mark that the wrong pair of shoes have been ordered, and that they will have to go back to Carmina to start all over again.

I am simultaneously angry and amused at the delay, and at the very real prospect that a shoe I ordered in July for a social event in December might actually not make it to me in time(!!!!!). TBH I'm not sure right now if I'll be a repeat customer. :fu:

Update: I have been contacted by Ethan at The Armoury, and they are clearly eager to right this - we'll see how this pans out. Will keep everyone updated.

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have been waiting on a MTO Carmina order which was paid for in full nearly 16 weeks (~3.5 months) ago on the 18th of July. I was quoted a 6-8 week wait.
  • I tried again at the 7 week mark - I then found out about an apparently unforeseen delay of 1 month which no one had bothered to tell me about before. Apparently all of Spain goes on holiday in September. I then was told that I would get a new estimated delivery date - that never came about.
  • I contact them again at the 12 week mark - I find out via an auto-reply email that they're all on holiday. Contact details for another member of the Armoury contact are listed - I contact him.
  • I get prompt replies from this member, and he passes the message on to the staff member who took my order. The phrasing of one of his replies triggers a suspicion that they may have ordered the wrong pair of shoes - I ask for clarification.
  • I find out at the 15 week mark that the wrong pair of shoes have been ordered, and that they will have to go back to Carmina to start all over again.
I am simultaneously angry and amused at the delay, and at the very real prospect that a shoe I ordered in July for a social event in December might actually not make it to me in time(!!!!!). TBH I'm not sure right now if I'll be a repeat customer. :fu:

Mark (YfYf) should make this right.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why didn't you order directly from Carmina? When I contacted them a few months ago, they were very helpful and said that they can take orders and ship.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why didn't you order directly from Carmina? When I contacted them a few months ago, they were very helpful and said that they can take orders and ship.

TBH that was not known to me 3.5 months ago. They also did not accept CC payments then, only bank transfers, which would strip away the last layer of consumer protection.

I do now know that they have an online store, have visited it, and IMO it is shambolic in terms of models available. You still cannot order most of their stock range as seen on their main site, and if you want to order anything outside the limited range on the e-shopping site, guess what - bank transfers only. Completely shambolic IMO.

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TBH that was not known to me 3.5 months ago. They also did not accept CC payments then, only bank transfers, which would strip away the last layer of consumer protection.
I do now know that they have an online store, have visited it, and IMO it is shambolic in terms of models available. You still cannot order most of their stock range as seen on their main site, and if you want to order anything outside the limited range on the e-shopping site, guess what - bank transfers only. Completely shambolic IMO.

weird that it's bank transfer only. Go for the St. C's.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well then, deal with a dealer and get fucked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads