1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. apropos

apropos Senior member

UK sizes. Ask the Armoury folk re: sizig for the various Carmina/G&G lasts - between the lot of them they have probably sampled nearly every last from every SF-approved maker.

2. aon

aon Senior member

I think sizes are UK. I have that split toe in Alcudia last size 9 and also a cap toe osxford in the Robert last size 9. I wear an 8.5UK in the C&J 337 last and size 43 in Vass U last. Hope this helps.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

visited the armoury a few times this past week. great store, even greater gents that runs it! thanks for everything, brothers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got myself a pair- nackymade :slayer:

[​IMG]

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Can I just get a price point on these? Please? Either put me out of my misery, or cut into my savings. Please.
    [​IMG]

5. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

The Ferrari, Spoo - don't forget about the Ferrari! Everyone stop distracting him!

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

TBH, I don't know which has nicer lines.

And these, as I found out, were a bespoke project, so my FerrariFund is safe.

For now.

:)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  7. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I do not understand. What possible other shoe would you expect to wear in said Spoo-Rarri? :devil:

8. Naka

Naka Senior member

Those wholecuts above, but in racing green :devil:

9. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

racing green lining only i think ;-)

10. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

wantwantwantwantwantwantwantwant

11. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

They'd go well with G&G shoes.

12. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

13. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

Any discount codes?

Thanks

14. SpooPoker

15. NORE

NORE Senior member

Cretan!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  16. david123

david123 Senior member

I just received a pair of these: http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-brown-punched-captoe-oxford-simpson-last

A few questions:
    1. The color is a fair bit different in real life compared to that photo. Is it just lighting or is it a matter of polishing? How can I make mine look like those?
    2. Any particular polish recommended for this color?
    3. I was thinking I'd put toe and heel taps on them. Any reason not to?

Thanks!

17. Slickman

Slickman Senior member

I would use saphir neutral, med brown, or dark brown depending on how light or dark you want the shoe to become over time
    Metal toe taps definitely help since the toe typically wears out quicker than the rest of the sole, but I don't have heel taps

18. SpooPoker

How are they different IRL? I was looking at these for my next purchase. Can you describe, or even better, post pics of yours?

19. david123

david123 Senior member

Spoo -- I will try to post pics when I get home tonight. I was just a little disappointed because they are so beautiful on the site. IRL they are a bit lighter and a solid color, or without that nice streakiness (I'm not expressing this very well). I know they will look better with wear, but the photo on the site is of unworn shoes and they look incredible. Your suede Carminas were really nice but I thought also quite different in color from the photo on the site, which showed almost a dark olive green color.

20. SpooPoker

If you could post pics that would be really helpful. Yes, I thought the ones I am wearing today were going to be more of a green hue, but they are a true chocolate brown. Actually prefer it this way though, so Im pleased! :)