• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

pjm1289

Reaction score
Sharing my new Armoury safari jacket in linen with older ascot chang shirt and sports chinos

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpg
    IMG_2712.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 496

Club Soda

Reaction score
I have Ring Jacket suits in a 52 from Cavour/Baltzar and I like the fit. Is a Model 3 sized similar or should I go 50?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Ring Jacket suits in a 52 from Cavour/Baltzar and I like the fit. Is a Model 3 sized similar or should I go 50?

I have 2 Model 3s that fit a little different - the midweight hopsack sport coat was cut slimmer than the lightweight gunclub check.

I recently picked up a Mod 2 suit from Cavour and would say it's somewhat of a different fit, although I'd have to do a side by side when I get the suit back from the tailor. I'm also wearing a 56 in the Cavour, whereas my Model 3s are 54s that I've had let out.

I would say it's probably safe to try Model 3 in the same size to start, if you're in a position to return easily.

solid_olid

Reaction score
Looking at ordering some tailoring from the Armoury for the first time and have a question I'd love some help with. I'm a bigger dude with a classic "I used to be athletic" build, i wear a 38-39 waist and both prefer a higher rise fit and require a higher rise fit to accommodate my body's proportions. I'm still trying to get my footing in menswear, so definitely could be asking a dumb question here.

Looking at the Armoury's size charts, even when the description says the fit has a high rise, the actual measurement of the rise in the description seems low - for example, this pair of Model A trousers have a 24.8cm/9.8inch rise in a size 54, which is quite low in my (admitted limited) experience.

Is there something I'm missing here? is it a shorter front rise but a longer front rise, and the meeting point is just further forward in the crotch than usual?

Thanks for the help.

jeremygo

Reaction score
Looking at ordering some tailoring from the Armoury for the first time and have a question I'd love some help with. I'm a bigger dude with a classic "I used to be athletic" build, i wear a 38-39 waist and both prefer a higher rise fit and require a higher rise fit to accommodate my body's proportions. I'm still trying to get my footing in menswear, so definitely could be asking a dumb question here.

Looking at the Armoury's size charts, even when the description says the fit has a high rise, the actual measurement of the rise in the description seems low - for example, this pair of Model A trousers have a 24.8cm/9.8inch rise in a size 54, which is quite low in my (admitted limited) experience.

Is there something I'm missing here? is it a shorter front rise but a longer front rise, and the meeting point is just further forward in the crotch than usual?

Thanks for the help.
I have the harbour breeze trousers from the full suit and I would say they are definitely a relatively high waist, hitting me right about my natural waist. That rise measurement does seem off to me... but I would recommend reaching out to the shop to confirm/clarify. They've got great/speedy customer service.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the help.
I’d give the Armoury folks a call (I’d also be curious for the answer!) about that. Unsure if their odd trews are cut noticeably different than their suiting, but that seems overly low to me (and contrary to my experience), but also noticeably different than the listed rise of their suiting trousers.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. give them a call.

Ring Jacket model A odd trousers should have the same measurements as model A trousers as part of a suit.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, if you give them a call, ask about new suiting drops for the season haha.
I am guessing they've dropped about all the RTW sport coats they're planning to for the season, but would imagine (hope) there will be a few more suits thrown into the mix.

mp94

Reaction score
Also, if you give them a call, ask about new suiting drops for the season haha.
I am guessing they've dropped about all the RTW sport coats they're planning to for the season, but would imagine (hope) there will be a few more suits thrown into the mix.
I can chime in on this! We're expecting 4 styles of suits to deliver at the end of the month.

solid_olid

Reaction score

Thanks for the help.
I sent them an email and they were able to get to the bottom of it! The rise measurements online do not include the waistband - with the waistband, a size 54 mode A trouser has an 11.5” front rise and 18” back rise. Time to get my order ready!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent them an email and they were able to get to the bottom of it! The rise measurements online do not include the waistband - with the waistband, a size 54 mode A trouser has an 11.5” front rise and 18” back rise. Time to get my order ready!
Be sure to order through the affiliate link on Styleforum! @LA Guy would appreciate it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very much so. Thanks guys.
Stupid question alert: how does one do this?

Also, as an aside, huge kudos to the Armoury squad for the attention paid to their packaging during shipment. One of my (many) pet peeves is receiving tailored clothing that looks like someone just mushed it into a box. Have never had any Armoury good come out looking less than pristine :cheers:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid question alert: how does one do this?

Also, as an aside, huge kudos to the Armoury squad for the attention paid to their packaging during shipment. One of my (many) pet peeves is receiving tailored clothing that looks like someone just mushed it into a box. Have never had any Armoury good come out looking less than pristine :cheers:
Oh, just click through the in post links, is probably best. You can also click through banners for the affiliate vendor, but attribution is much less clear.

A lot of time we are not even getting commissions, just credit. This is a creation of the misuse of statistics and metrics. I don't think that The Armoury has someone dumb doing their marketing and marketing analyses, but in general, you can assume that the analyses done is neither particularly precise nor accurate. All the actual data scientists in the world know that marketing mix models are deeply flawed, and have nearly no predictive power, but we are often all beholden to those with a deep lack of knowledge or curiousity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads