1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yfyf, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Can anybody school me to the details of Ring Jacket's "Creamy Waffle" fabric?

2. paddymac

paddymac Senior Member

@[email protected] Hey guys, I own another Coherence piece but am interested in your exclusive Marc model. Should I take the same size as my other Coherence piece...or should i size down or up?

3. Max@TheArmoury

[email protected] Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Hey @paddymac! The Marc coat fits full, as with many of the Coherence pieces. I would stick with the same size.

Hope this helps!

- Max

4. paddymac

paddymac Senior Member

@[email protected]

Thanks. Does this apply to the Charles coat too?

With the Charles coat, how many buttons are on the cuff to adjust. I assume 2? Its not clear from the pictures.
    Also, how many buttons are on the back for the cinch? I assume 2 aswell?

Lastly, when worn over a jacket, would you say it feels restrictive or somewhat free? I want to replace my old Barbour so Im aiming to get a shooting jacket comfortable enough to be worn over a jacket.

5. heldentenor

heldentenor Distinguished Member

I have a navy sportcoat in that fabric. I wouldn't call it stretchy, but it's airy and spongy to the touch. To the eye, it's more subtle in its texturing than most hopsacks (including Ring Jacket's own), and definitely less crisp.

6. jtorres94

jtorres94 Distinguished Member

Has anyone tried The Jubilee Split Toe? Buying a few shoes and Considering grabbing the pebble grain for winter

7. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Hmmmm, similar to hopsack in regards to wrinkle resistance in any way, or a totally different sort of fabric?

8. BernieL

BernieL Well-Known Member

9. BernieL

To be more specific, how does the Armoury socks compare to the Mazarin wool-nylon socks in terms of thickness, heat, style,& feel: https://www.meschaussettesrouges.com/en/mazarin/230-brown-socks.html

10. Max@TheArmoury

While I cannot speak for the quality of Mazarin socks, as I have personally never tried them, I can confirm our socks are made from 2-ply Merino wool.

11. BernieL

To potential Armoury customers, beware:

I emailed the Armoury with a simple question regarding socks and did not hear back for 4 days. Next thing I know, I get a call + voicemail from a salesperson from The Armoury on my COMPANY phone. I'd like to emphasize that I never gave the Armoury my cellphone, work, or ANY number. So instead of replying to my simple email with a simple answer, they decided to dig up my contact information and call me unsolicited. I honestly can't tell if I am dealing with a telemarketing/multi-marketing sales company or not.

And the icing on the cake is this: I just received an email back. At this point, I'm expecting just a straightforward answer to my question, but nope. My question was ignored, and instead, I am being asked for the best phone number to reach me...

I do admire the salesperson training program at the Armoury though, very aggressive. They must be on 100% commission instead of salary based on my distasteful first experience.

@[email protected] I'd prefer if you could at least answer my question I wrote in my emails - what is the thread count? Thanks...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019

12. n2pua

n2pua Senior Member

@BernieL

it's going to be alright.

here's what we'll do.

close your eyes.

slowly count to ten.

take a deep breath. hold it for three seconds and exhale in a calm, but steady push.

good.

now do it again.

and again one more time.

you should call someone important to you. tell them how much they mean to you and how thankful you are that they are in your life.

hell, take another deep breath.

now smile.

remember, your question is irrelevant in the grand scheme of the universe and it's meaning. but with a bit more effort on your part, you can contact the armoury by phone next time and they can probably answer your questions with a bit more immediacy.

you'll be fine.

i promise.

13. jtorres94

jtorres94 Distinguished Member

Maybe you're reading a little too into it. You're buying socks, I can't imagine that would be the biggest motivation for commission. The folks over at The Armoury are super helpful but I've never felt overly pressured buy from them.

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

Simmer down.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019

15. Max@TheArmoury

Hi @BernieL,

Sorry again for the misunderstanding. Your calls and emails made us think your request was urgent, so we were only trying to get back to you as soon as possible. You mentioned wanting to speak to someone who had personal experience with the socks, so that's all we were trying to do. None of us make commission, so there's no pressure to buy the socks if you don't want to.

Regarding the thread count, our socks are made on 240 needle knitting machines, in 2-ply merino wool. Thread count is usually associated with woven fabrics, so the number 240 is somewhat analogous for knitted materials.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Max