• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

emptym

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy w/ my new mba from work, keyboard included.

Can you type with an iPad on your lap?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yea, I'll admit I've gotten somewhat used to the new keyboard. I still prefer the old one, but it's not as bad as the first day.

I don't know if you can type on your lap, but I've seen those little compact propped up thingys where you can put the iPad reasonably high and use a bluetooth keyboard. I could deal with that.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm going to complain about this for the rest of my life.

About a month into owning my new laptop and already experiencing the stuck keys issue (mine is at the space bar which double enters every once in a while).

Not the end of the world, but I mean, for a $2k purchase and a month in, it's kind of annoying. (also happened twice while writing this stupid post)

cloberts19

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm going to complain about this for the rest of my life.

About a month into owning my new laptop and already experiencing the stuck keys issue (mine is at the space bar which double enters every once in a while).

Not the end of the world, but I mean, for a $2k purchase and a month in, it's kind of annoying. (also happened twice while writing this stupid post)

Similar thing happened to me before because I didn't do my research well when I bought a 2013 MacBook Pro. I asked for an investigation and it turns out that I allegedly received a refurbished product. The encoded date of warranty and the serial number was issued 4 months before my date of purchase. It was infuriating knowing that I paid the full price for something that has already been used.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me before because I didn't do my research well when I bought a 2013 MacBook Pro. I asked for an investigation and it turns out that I allegedly received a refurbished product. The encoded date of warranty and the serial number was issued 4 months before my date of purchase. It was infuriating knowing that I paid the full price for something that has already been used.

Did you buy from the apple store?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing talk about that online. People are experiencing fairly dramatic battery life drops once they near around two years old. Wouldn’t be as big a deal if replacement costs for the AirPods themselves were not so high.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last month I bought a "new" 2015 MCP. Driving decision was the keyboard and it's great.

If what you need is something to write on, you may want to consider looking at the refurb list of lacomputercompany.com and grab a decent machine for under 1K.

lefty

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
any thoughts on latest MBP vs MBA? does anyone actually use the stupid ******* touch screen bar on their MBP? seems like a big upcharge for something useless

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I was looking for an older MCP the refurber called it a solution looking for a problem. It looks cool, but other than that I don't get it.

lefty

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a new MacBook Air. I've been using it for about two weeks. So far I'm enjoying it. I like the feel of the keyboard.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
any thoughts on latest MBP vs MBA? does anyone actually use the stupid ******* touch screen bar on their MBP? seems like a big upcharge for something useless

I have the Air. Aside from the keyboard issues I've posted about, I read reviews online of the MBP (my previous model). It seems many people found they didn't use the touch bar. My old MBP was pre-touch-bar.

I went with the Air cause it was lighter and seemed like it would do everything I would need it to do (buy clothes). MBP seemed like it was for people who needed video editing capabilities.

I'm still frustrated with the keyboard issues. But there we go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads