• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Price is going to make this a nonstarter for many. I can’t even see most Apple diehards dropping $3.5k on this product.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This initial version is really for developers. The mass-market model will need to have double the battery life at least at half the price at most.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apple’s not exactly famous for huge price drops after a product launch.

If we see a headset for half the cost it will be a scaled-down version with less features.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Reactions: otc

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Price is going to make this a nonstarter for many. I can’t even see most Apple diehards dropping $3.5k on this product.

The target is 1M units sold so it’s not aimed at mass adoption for now. Definitely a proof of concept, flexing technical prowess, and showing up Zuckerberg. M2 chip inside this means crazy performance/energy consumption.

If the display resolution is good enough and the software stable enough, it could ultimately replace a setup that would otherwise include a MacBook and external display. Hell, they even sell just a monitor for $5K so this is a bargain

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The target is 1M units sold so it’s not aimed at mass adoption for now. Definitely a proof of concept, flexing technical prowess, and showing up Zuckerberg. M2 chip inside this means crazy performance/energy consumption.

If the display resolution is good enough and the software stable enough, it could ultimately replace a setup that would otherwise include a MacBook and external display. Hell, they even sell just a monitor for $5K so this is a bargain

It will get cheaper, but I actually think the size and weight are bigger hurdles. Need to make it smaller and more natural looking to wear. Cut down on the weight to prevent fatigue. Then you are talking.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it's decent but I don't intend to get one. There's some good 'indications' for AR at work (eg I would want an overlay of the other side of the body flipped over on the central longitudinal axis onto the other side of the body), but it's always more about the software than the hardware - conceivably you could get a Samsung VR gear to do it if someone wrote the software/ app.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will get cheaper, but I actually think the size and weight are bigger hurdles. Need to make it smaller and more natural looking to wear. Cut down on the weight to prevent fatigue. Then you are talking.

I agree and I think these improvements will come in time.

It’s too much for me to buy now, but it seems like they really nailed the fundamentals of the AR experience for the first time. Something that is amazingly better than what was imagined in Johnny Mnemonic less than30 years ago.

I can’t wait to see what developers come up with. Virtually sitting courtside at an nba finals game for $50 seems like an easy yes for me, and that’s an obvious application.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My 2013 macbook pro can't get the new updates.... might finally be time to get a new one.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the 15 Pro?

I like my 13 mini a lot and hate that you can't get this small form factor anymore...but AT&T is willing to give me $830 in trade value bill credits for it which turns the 15 Pro into $4.73/mo. That'd be zero actual cost to me since it keeps me under my employer's reimbursement rate.

Pros: USB-C Can shoot raw, get the tele lens I've always wanted, get the satellite emergency ****.
Cons: Bigger...I <3 my mini. Also stories about the titanium having problems breaking, car wireless chargers destroying them, etc.

There's nothing really compelling me to upgrade now other than a moderate desire for the tele lens and SOS (and raw, but that's really minor--not sure if I'd even bother shooting raw 95% of the time as I assume it just makes sharing/transferring more annoying and takes up more storage). USB-C is nice, but it won't kill me to wait.
But I am also aware that $830 is SIGNIFICANTLY more than my current phone is worth.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the 15 pro.
Happy with it.
Mine did not overheat, but there was a software update today to cure the issue.
The only breakage story I read was the max.
I've had no problems with cables. In fact to hook up to my car stereo in the Rubicon, I bought a USB A - USB C and was nervous it wouldn't get recognized and not charge or play music.
No issues.
The dark blue I got is gorgeous.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got it. For the upgraded camera and the form factor mostly. And I kinda wanted to get all my connectors to USB-C.

I took the ATT trade in credit ($1000 for a 14 pro), which made the cost of this phone $2.xx a month. I mean it’s practically free!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those fúckers.

I need to check, but if I take the trade in now, I think I lose the remaining trade in credit from my last phone. Some BS about how they spread the promotional credit across 3 years but if you take a new promo before that, you lose it. Dirty trick hidden in the fine print.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads