1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Stylish Dinosaur

Don't have too many data points to go off of but I had the 2007 mbp in college, got the 2010 MacBook Air my senior year, and I just upgraded to the 2015 MacBook. So, every ~4 years.

2. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

I am on about 3.5 years with my MBA now. I think I'll more likely get an iMac before another laptop barring something catastrophic. None of my Windows laptops lasted more than 2 years.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, i got the mac pro in 2007 for college, and just got the 2015 15-inch mac pro a couple months ago.

Just wondering what the general turnaround was

4. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

I've made sleep a priority for the first time in my life, and I function much better as a result. By tracking my sleep patterns I've also learned a lot about myself.

5. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

I use the Sleep Tracker app for my phone but I'm not really sure what to do with all the data...

6. dcg

dcg Distinguished Member

What was causing you to upgrade thinkpads every two years? My personal laptop is a T61 from 2007 that works just fine for web browsing, although I'd like a little more speed for Lightroom (I've upgraded to an SSD and bumped the RAM). Work laptop is a T420s that's coming up on three years old with no real issues. That said, we're on a three year upgrade cycle and I might switch to a 15" macbook.

7. nootje

nootje Distinguished Member

This was pre 2006, and they where good laptops. I just had the luck of one crapping out with some fault in the motherboard, and one where I kept having to swap in a new harddrive every couple of months (this particular issue stumped everybody, in the end I decided to just ditch it for a white macbook). To be fair, I had to put in two new HDD's in the white macbook as well. Now on my second air.

8. dcg

dcg Distinguished Member

I have a 12 year old x31 around here somewhere that was still working last I checked. Trying to wean myself off the Thinkpad trackpoint. Have never been a fan of trackpads, but that's definitely one area where Apple is a step up on the competition.

9. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

clit mouse for life!

I hate how apple reversed the default scroll motion on the trackpads/mighty mouse to make them feel like dragging the screen. Obviously I could get used to it, but it is the first thing I change. I don't like that you move one finger downwards to move the mouse down, but you move two fingers upwards to scroll down...mixing paradigms

10. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

I haven't used a mouse in years. Magic Trackpad for the iMac at work and a laptop everywhere else.

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

I use a RAZR death adder for a mouse. Hate using the trackpad, so much slower.

12. GreenFrog

Lol at plebs without Force Touch. Get on my level brahs.

:devil:

13. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

Says the guy with 1 port. You're going to need to stick so many dongles in that thing. Gross.

14. GreenFrog

The only times I use and will ever use that port will be for charging. I never plug in any accessories.

15. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

I sent you some naked pictures of Piob, but I put them on an SD card.

Sorry you will have to plug a card reader into a usb-to-usb-c dongle...that's worse than if you had to wear two condoms.