The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

I'm pleased to report that Find My Phone worked to get one of my iPads retured to me. I'd left my mini on a chair at an outdoor restaurant. The restaurant had closed for the night and the staff had departed before we left the table. It was morning before I realized I'd left it and it was nowhere to be found when I popped over first thing. I put my phone number and 'a reward will be offered' in the message. A week later I get a call.

I planned to give the finder $50 but when it turned out to be a homeless guy I decided to Duke him a C-Note*.

*Sinatra parlance for tipping.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015

2. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Senior member

Going to wait for the generation two watch. By the third generation I think they should go down in price $50-100.

3. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

$17,000 for an Apple watch!

I ain't bothering. Hoping to go against Rolex are they?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I just realized that my notification issue with Outlook was because I had background refresh off. Derp.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

People bitched that Apple didn't have background refresh for years, then when they finally added it they turned it off
    . :foo:

:p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Had to use a 5s today and I gotta say I really miss it. The small form factor feels so much better in my hands (twss).

Maybe I'll sell my 6, buy a used 5s, and get the 6s.

7. otc

otc Senior member

My friend broke her screen on her 5 the other day.

Ended up buying a 5s instead of a 6 because she couldn't handle the size...although to be fair, she didn't have any real time spent to get used to the 6.

For most people, the 5s will be plenty capable for the next 2 years (no different than the people who bought a 5c last year), and coming from a 5, there are still feature upgrades.

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Still using my 5s, and happy with it. Haven't been motivated to upgrade.

9. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

I upgraded my 5 to a 6 a few months ago, and I can't see myself downgrading to a smaller size. Just yesterday I realized I was so used to the larger size that maybe it could be slightly bigger.

Though not yet ready for 6s size, from the little I've handled that one.

My dad actually took my old 5 as his first smartphone so I still have to help him out with stuff here and there. Whenever I use it I don't care for the smaller screen. Which again is funny because I loved the size jump of the 5 when I upgraded from the 4.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

As an honest assessment on what I use my smartphone for, a bigger screen size doesn't necessarily benefit me. I primarily use it for Safari web browsing, email, texts, and a CNBC stock app. No real media consumption that could benefit from a larger screen. I just value one-handed use way too much.

If the 5S had the improved touch ID hardware and NFC, that would be a golden combo.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015

11. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

I find the larger screen better for browsing personally. And for Instagram. I'm able to mainly use it one handed when I want to/need to, and I don't have large hands. But of course this is all a personal decision with no right or wrong.

Plus for me the camera is so much better, which I use all the time. But I never had the 5s.

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

6 is the perfect size for me, I have big hands so one handed use is not a problem. 6s is too big I feel. It might be doable if I lived in a climate where I wore a coat/jacket most of the year and can carry it in one of those pockets but it's just too big to fit comfortably in a pant pocket.

13. catchh

catchh Senior member

When I got my new iPhone in January I went for the 5s over the 6 purely based on size. I prefer the size of the 5s over the 6. I hope in the future they make a smaller size as well as bigger one. Surely at some point they can't keep making them bigger or it would just be close to a super mini iPad.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    On the latest Vergecast they complained about how BAD autocorrect has got on IOS after the last couple minor updates. Glad I'm not the only one to notice. It's starting to piss me off.

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member