1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. aglose

aglose Senior Member

I still just want to know the price. That will probably make or break the adoption of an Apple watch. I'm also a little surprised Apple decided to do this in house. Why not just buy Pebble and integrate them into their product plan? Apple has the capital.

2. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

$350 for aluminum
    $550 for steel
    $10,000 for gold

+$50 on each of those if you want the 42MM version

3. ChetB

ChetB Distinguished Member

"Starting at $10,000."

Wonder how high it goes.

4. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

prob. way higher depending on the band.

the battery span is certainly meh and this is what could see the most critics.

5. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah, that's awful battery life for a device that does a whole lot less than your smartphone.

And $10k+ for first-draft of a tiny electronic bauble that will be obsolete in a year? I'm sure people will pay it, but those people are otherwise known as idiots.

6. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

well, they're going to be sold in very limited quantities, so I wouldn't be surprised if Apple set up a way to eventually swap out the electronics of the watch while keeping the pricey frame (the low quantity might make this possible)

7. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Senior Member

+1 so stoked! Is it going on sale tomorrow 3/10? Or will pre-ordering begin today?

Also, is it worth it to step up to the slighlty faster / more HD space $1,599?

8. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Maybe, although the one thing I would count on Apple to do is make these things thinner. They are pretty fat right now--if apple likes to do anything, it is release a version that is half as thick as the original.

So maybe you get some updated electronics (and a ton of battery life thanks to the extra space), but you are still going to be wearing a bulbous version of the $10k watch they are selling in 3 years.

9. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Or even a trade-in program.

10. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Anyone have a picture of the new chargers?

Sad to see magsafe abandoned...I always thought that was pretty clever (and a constant source of breakage/repairs on dell laptops IIRC).

If the charger doesn't have some sort of built in hub, I am going to be disappointed. Can't charge your phone and your laptop at the same time? Project and charge?

I was thinking I would pick up a macbook air if I go back to school part-time (don't want to carry around my work laptop, and I only use desktops/tablets at home these days)...but this seems a little extreme.

11. aglose

aglose Senior Member

I am also curious, and as a student currently at a school where the faculty use MacBooks, Ive already heard gripes from people who were waiting for the new MacBook to come out to upgrade. It's also only a 12" screen as opposed to the old 13.3" screens.

12. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

Well, you can still get a 13" pro or a 13" air...

I am actually not quite sure I get the new macbook. As far as I can tell, it is an Air replacement
    It is less powerfull than the 13" air (hard to directly compare the M to the i7, but it definitely has less graphics power and no upgrades in storage/memory), costs several hundred bucks more, has worse battery life. It is slightly smaller and has a retina display...and comes in gold?

13. ethanm

ethanm Stylish Dinosaur

I will definitely be getting a pro when I feel the need to upgrade my 2012 MBA.

14. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

This would be a first. They never do that. They know that their "fans" just buy the newer version.

15. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

:nodding: