The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I don't know if there is a way to do this, but the apps on my iPhone and iPad are not synched.

2. scamster

scamster Senior member

have to say the same, was a little worried about the size of the 6 but very glad I got it, with the rounded edges and how thin it is you doesn't feel big in the hand, although must admit I do have large hands.

just came back from an apple store and looking at the 5k retina iMac, it is absolutely stunning and agree with gomestar! just a pity that its not available as a stand alone display.

talking of Apple's Mail I'm not too happy with it never have been really, it's ok but wondering if anyone can recommend a mail client that can used with multiple accounts?

3. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I use Airmail 2 on my Mac and Acompli on my iPhone. The one thing I am losing out on entirely is Handoff/Continuity.

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Most apps for iPad are separate apps from the ones coded for iPhone. So I don't think that type of syncing would really work.

5. scamster

scamster Senior member

some apps do sync, if you install an app on your iPad it can show up on your iPhone and vice versa but only if it is compatible with the iDevice. like Jr Mouse says some are only coded for an iPad or iPhone also you'll find newer versions and just newer apps will not work on an older iDevice. as for moving an apps location on the springboard that will not sync.

6. scamster

scamster Senior member

thanks akatsuki will take a look at those :)

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Make sure you also setup/sync so that when you receive a text on your phone, you can reply via iPad/Mac. Another cool feature. Never a need to gran your phone again if you are on the same network. You can also start a text on your iPad/Mac and reply via another device.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

9. aglose

aglose Senior member

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

11. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I am more excited by the new Google music service, but will probably stick with Spotify since it is Carplay compatible. Maybe Beats will be worth it if it better integrates your owned music from iTunes into syncing...

12. otc

otc Senior member

How does Spotify mobile work with personal songs?

On the PC you can add mp3s to your library and Spotify handles them the seamlessly with streamed and cached songs.

Does this work with mobile and for car play? Can you get mp3s of the new Taylor Swift album (bad example... But it is something unavailable on Spotify) and then seamlessly have them in playlists with other stuff?

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

So the trick is you have to sync them with iTunes and then they can play in Spotify playlists. Obviously this is a bit of a pain in the ass. I basically have a playlist I dump songs I want to use with Spotify.

There are lots of odd omissions for Spotify, often just 1 song here and there by an artist... They should offer to sell you the track right then and there for a buck and then have it stream to you personally.

14. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

In NYC now and hadn't used Apple Pay previously, but really loving it for taxis.

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Posting this from a place where I never got service with my 5!