1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

I've been pretty happy w/ my new mba from work, keyboard included.

Can you type with an iPad on your lap?

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Yea, I'll admit I've gotten somewhat used to the new keyboard. I still prefer the old one, but it's not as bad as the first day.

I don't know if you can type on your lap, but I've seen those little compact propped up thingys where you can put the iPad reasonably high and use a bluetooth keyboard. I could deal with that.

3. dieworkwear

I'm sorry, but I'm going to complain about this for the rest of my life.

About a month into owning my new laptop and already experiencing the stuck keys issue (mine is at the space bar which double enters every once in a while).

Not the end of the world, but I mean, for a $2k purchase and a month in, it's kind of annoying. (also happened twice while writing this stupid post)

4. lefty

lefty Distinguished Member

5. cloberts19

cloberts19 Member

Similar thing happened to me before because I didn't do my research well when I bought a 2013 MacBook Pro. I asked for an investigation and it turns out that I allegedly received a refurbished product. The encoded date of warranty and the serial number was issued 4 months before my date of purchase. It was infuriating knowing that I paid the full price for something that has already been used.

6. dieworkwear

Did you buy from the apple store?