• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and the entire history of it? Or just an update of a note that went unsaved?

No, it reverted back to an old version and all the subsequent edits were lost. Happened when I opened something on the web (vs. mobile app) for the first time in a while.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Phone is here and I'm switched over. A couple days of setting it up is ahead of me. Screen vs. my 6 is a nice improvement and the camera is way better...and I thought the 6 was pretty good.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hmm, the migration of the pics from my 6 went funny. They're no longer in chronological order...in fact, no order I can discern. Does anyone know how to make "Photos" sort or is that even possible?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hmm, the migration of the pics from my 6 went funny. They're no longer in chronological order...in fact, no order I can discern. Does anyone know how to make "Photos" sort or is that even possible?

Your migrating it wrong.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Series3 yesterday. Grey band it came with is cool- I went back to black aluminum from stainless. Price for stainless this round just wasn’t worth the premium. Space black is cool, but not “extra $200” cool.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Your migrating it wrong.

There should be no wrong way. Each pic contains the date/time. Surely Apple can read its own Exif metadata? I use Verizon and get that 5 GB free Verizon cloud. It's app on my phone orders the pictures correctly.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t planning to upgrade, and I never thought I’d get a Plus model. But I tried the 8 Plus camera and portrait mode tonight and was sold. Holy smokes it’s nice.

Now I just have to get used to lugging this thing around.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it needs to be pointed out that it’s been one year since iPhone removed the headphone jack. So I need to ask, where are the signs that this has forced industry to make wireless better?

What we have from Apple is the same thing they have us a year ago. AirPods and Beats headsets that feature the W1 chipset. A chipset that makes connections over Bluetooth stronger and pairing easier (all software based) but does nothing to improve wireless sound quality. It’s also 100% Apple controlled.

Now Google is releasing Pixel phones without a jack. What do they give us? Bluetooth neckbuds that have some unique features that work only with your Pixel phones.

So is this the glorious “wireless future” we have to look forward to? Slow advancements in wireless tech standards that show little to no sign of speeding up despite promises that it would? Bluetooth headphones from phone makers jacked full of proprietary features?

No thanks. I’d just as soon they left in the damn jack.

Reactions: otc

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Courage! ******. Nothing has changed. All removing the jack has done is given a portion of the user base headaches. Yet I continue to see people still buy into the notion that removing the headphone jack was needed and was somehow going to pressure the industry into getting its ass together with wireless.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jobs wouldn't have done it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jobs wouldn't have done it.

Jobs would have made damn sure your iPhone could match or exceed any output from your wired jack before he went wireless. He’d have walked on stage and provided a solution better then wired, or in the least so good no one would be questioning the move. He wouldn’t have just slapped a bandaid on Bluetooth 4.0 which everyone already hated and called it a day.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Pixel 2 xl is 3 to 4 times better looking than the iPhone X. Fact.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What really scares me is when Apple finally gets around to supporting a lossless/HD codec for wireless over Bluetooth they will try and tie it in to their proprietary headphones. Locked into W2 or W3 and consumers will just fall for it.

Not like they are not already getting away with that with their fast pairing with AirPods. The pairing is all software. No reason Apple couldn’t open that part of it up to all headset makers.

It’s all a form of soft lock in. Layer and layer proprietary features on your products that are based on open standards. Sure they are “open” and will “work” everywhere else, but all the good stuff? That’s locked into Apple and Apple alone.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh, I'm pretty sure I got a new pair of Beats headphones because my old pair (about a month old) wouldn't pair to anything but an Apple device. Sounds like they are keeping my old pair to research and develop the next stage of products! :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads