The Apple Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by ChetB, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Yeah I use it while plugged in. Mostly when I get home after working all day and want to prevent it from running out of power while I use it.

I feel like using your phone while it's charging should be considered a fairly normal use case scenario? I mean if that's what's causing my cables to fail early then I would argue that Apple didn't design them durable enough.

Speaking of charging, the iPhone 8 is heavily rumored to have fast charging on top of noticeably improved battery life. If that's the case then it may well be enough to save some of that Apple Tax is cable costs.

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Why in the world has Gboard for iOS not added Arabic yet?

3. phosej

phosej Senior member

Any thoughts on the new 10.5" iPad? The 120 Hz refresh rate seemed pretty hyped up by early reviewers but when I checked it out in-store I couldn't really tell the difference. Sure the display was fast and snappy but it's not on the same level as what Retina did for the screen. I was ready to get it but now I'll wait to see if iOS11 actually makes it viable as a laptop replacement.

4. Jr Mouse

Installed the public beta for iOS 11 on my iPhone 7. This is the earliest into a development cycle i've installed a beta, but so far I haven't encountered any "critical" bugs. Mostly just small things here and there that haven't caused me much of a headache. It does feel a little laggy and slower then before, but that should all be fixed once they optimize for final release.

Lots of the changes in iOS 11 for iPhone feel minor at best. A new coat of paint here and there and UI changes for the sake of looking new. Not sure how I feel about the new Control Center. It's a little disjointed looking IMO, but maybe it will grow on me. The FILES App is probably the nicest change. Being able to access all your cloud storage from different companies in a single app built into the OS is wonderful.

5. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I like the new control center and the 3d touch options.

6. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The new system font for Arabic is obnoxious. It's like the Comic Sans of Arabic fonts.

7. Jr Mouse

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywgbw5/apple-third-founder-ronald-wayne-interview

Guy seems to have a good attitude about it all. I'm not sure I would be able to say the same about myself if that was me.