• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chromecast is awesome. I love mine. One of the best tech products I own.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mmm....so my airpods (in their case) went through a full wash/dry cycle yesterday. They appear to have survived just fine
1f440.png

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My problem with Chromecast is that it's only as good as the apps written for it. Right now the PBS app is driving me nuts because I have to keep the app active for it to work. If I switch apps, or the screen turns off, the video stops playing. And their website isn't compatible with the cast extension.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My problem with Chromecast is that it's only as good as the apps written for it.

But that problem is the same for all entertainment sources at this point, no? With the exception of OTA and cable

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably true, but I feel like it's easy to put in Chromecast support as an afterthought in a phone app. (The PBS app has always been buggy.) If you're writing a STB app, you'll probably make sure it at least has basic functionality before releasing it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Probably true, but I feel like it's easy to put in Chromecast support as an afterthought in a phone app. (The PBS app has always been buggy.) If you're writing a STB app, you'll probably make sure it at least has basic functionality before releasing it.

I don't have any experience with the PBS app, but if it has always been buggy like you say then I think you have your answer. It's not really Google's fault that PBS can't hire good developers then it's the fault of any of platform that has occasional buggy apps. That's assuming that the platform provides a solid foundation and development tools, which I have no reason to believe Google doesn't with Chromecast.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chromecast is awesome. I love mine. One of the best tech products I own.

Does Google Chromecast actually work with Apple devices?

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can stream from the Netflix, HBO and youtube apps - from my iPhone to my Chromecast, if that's what you mean...

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh, that's what I meant, thanks.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally saw someone wearing AirPods the other day in the office cafeteria. Looked like such a ******* dork with those things in. With that being said, here's to hoping more people want to look like ******* dorks - go AAPL!

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else's phone gets really hot while using AirPods?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like we're getting whatshername's mother an ipad for Mother's Day. I was thinking about the 9.7" ipad pro but then said to myself, "Why?"

32 meg ipad it is. She won't know the difference

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My magsafe charger finally gave up the ghost after five duct tape patches. Best place to pick up a new or used L design? Refuse to pay apple $80 for a charger.

lefty

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't buy "new" from eBay or Amazon. They're knockoffs and they don't last.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The computer is going so I just need to charge it, back it up, then buy a new one.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads