• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I've got white plastic macbook with a bulging battery that has made teh touchpad unuseable.  After popping the bubble didn't change anything I bought a bluetooth mouse and kept it moving

Yeh mine made the touch-pad unusable as well. Removed the battery completely and it's fine. I sent the battery for recycling and just haven't bothered replacing it, no need here.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely tempted by the SE. Will wait until fall to see what the 7 offers before deciding.

scamster

Reaction score

Yeh mine made the touch-pad unusable as well. Removed the battery completely and it's fine. I sent the battery for recycling and just haven't bothered replacing it, no need here.

my girlfriend had the white macbook which also had the bulging battery luckily the track pad is ok. she bought a new battery and gave it to her brother, still going strong.

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys updated to the new iOS version yet? Guessing they've already fixed whatever it was that was causing people to be locked out of their phones?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a click through issue and no they havent fixed it. I am unable to access links in any browser. Iphone 6 here but it just started for me today. No other issue and I updated 2 days ago.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered the SE. Amazon giving me $262 for my 6, so paying full price doesn't hurt too much.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the bug kept you locked out of your phone entirely until you enter some username/pw combo?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is/was another bug that messed with your apple id and locked you out of your phone. Shame on apple for this update.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if this is related to iOS 9.3, which I updated to a week ago, but this bug just came up for me today: when I plug in my lightning cable to charge, the phone erratically detects and undetects it. It ends up triggering the charging sound and plays it back every half second.

If it's on vibrate, then it does the double vibrate every half second. The charging / not-charging indicator at the battery bar keeps appearing and disappearing.

******* weird.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So Apple are claiming victory in the case vs FBI, seems a bit pyrrhic to me.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Apple used their court fight as a distraction while helping the FBI access the phone behind the scenes. because yeah not much to gain by someone hacking into your supposedly secure device.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sprint is a terrible company, so my SE won't arrive until the 5th

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads