• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The antithesis of SF...

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a quote from a discussion in the year 3 and 4 forum about dress codes, particularly the displeasure with ironing dress shirts.

"Dry cleaning? You ought to try polyester shirts. I won't buy a dress shirt or dress pants that aren't labeled as "wrinkle free", or at least 40% polyester. I purchased a few 100% cotton dress shirts in the past and just found they never were unwrinkled again after removing them from the package, regardless of how much I ironed them. With the 40% polyester "wrinkle-free" shirts, I still iron them, but they definitely stay wrinkle-free for longer."

We'll certainly never see that statement here.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
My mother has told me that ironing dress shirts is just too much trouble, and that at some point I'll just have to switch to JC Penny's no-iron shirts.

Uh...yeah.

(I wonder if Chuck is going to have a no-iron in the new shirt collection...)

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Eton do a wrinkle free cotton shirt?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read the following passage on a website the other day (this is just about verbatim): "A lot of people think that you can't wear black shoes with chinos. They are wrong. For business casual, a pair of black lace ups look very sharp with khaki chinos -- just look at your local army recruiter." (No offense at the military intended here)

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read the following passage on a website the other day (this is just about verbatim):  "A lot of people think that you can't wear black shoes with chinos.  They are wrong.  For business casual, a pair of black lace ups look very sharp with khaki chinos -- just look at your local army recruiter."  (No offense at the military intended here)
Somewhere, LA Guy is having a coronary.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
For business casual, a pair of black lace ups look very sharp with khaki chinos -- just look at your local army recruiter.
My father--ex-military--has made the exact same argument.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

fkl118

Reaction score
Actually, it is well known that doctors are the worst dressed professional class people there are -
Agreed.
All I ask is that they look neat and clean.

bBoy JEe

Reaction score
I have to second LA Guy's opinion. My brother does look ridiculous in those embroidered shirts. However, my sister-in-law buys clothes for me as well and I can safely say that she does a lot better job on me.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother has told me that ironing dress shirts is just too much trouble, and that at some point I'll just have to switch to JC Penny's no-iron shirts.

Uh...yeah.

(I wonder if Chuck is going to have a no-iron in the new shirt collection...)
Alan...

I am pretty thick skinned.

I took Policy's assertion that I was a gay high school dropout and laughed.

Alan - we don't joke about synthetics around here... that's just not funny.... ever

(shudder)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

bBoy JEe

Reaction score
I was hoping he'd throw on the short sleeved black suit jacket and a Yankees hat and rock the Usher.

aybojs

Reaction score
Hope I don't offend anyone, but at least from my experience researching pre-law and law school forums during my (now-abandoned) application attempts, I found that the population of those boards seemed to consist primarily of the most gigantic tools and gunner-types (definitely a big factor in my re-evaluting my law school plans was, "I don't want to be surrounded by these people"). I imagine the med school boards are infested with analgous people, and that the sampling of those kind of forums tends to be the most "off" crowd, as opposed to the more well-adjusted people I know who are doing professional degree programs. For you software/IT types, think Slashdot for med students. I bet that explains a good deal of it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's