• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions for the ALS Association - 2021

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe if nothing else happens, but I'm pushing against my financial limits as it is!
Nah, it's all good. You win! Please email me @ styleforum dot net at gmail.com with the subject line: Charity Auction 12: No Man Walks Alone, Absi Rosborough, and we'll get you situated.

There is still the second stole, and I think that we may have a surprised entrant, but we'll see.

Cheers,

Fok.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am an absolute sh!t photographer but I just wanted to share the Doppiaa "AAgnello" coat in navy recycled cashmere that I won in one of the earlier auctions generously donated by @gdl203 and the crew at NMWA. It's soooooooooooo soft, light, and surprisingly warm for it's weight - after I dropped my daughter off at school, I went for a walk around town where it was 14º with the windchill making it feel closer to 2º and I was very comfortable.

I also received one of the Stephan Schneider stoles and I was planning to gift it to my wife but my oldest promptly took it and began using it as a blanket to curl up in on a chair in the living room and I have to say that I like that idea and have been doing to same thing with it.

88F00B87-F425-4C17-A381-728A9B27F2EC.jpeg

Random notes in the picture:
  • The scarf is from Panta and I picked it up from the StyleForum Ronald McDonald House charity auction quite a few years ago (maybe 2012 or 2013?). Does anybody know whatever happened to Panta? I had also won a pair of trousers from them in that auction but I sadly outgrew them and had to pass them on to @SpooPoker. They were some of the most well made trousers I had ever owned and I wish I could get more!
  • Hard to see in the photo but the cap is from our very own @LA Guy courtesy of The Official StyleForum Secret Santa 2021 gift exchange. It's made of qiviut which is collected after it's dropped by wild muskox in Canada! It is unbelievably soft and I've now decided that if I am ever going to spend an insane amount on a sweater, it's going to be one made of qiviut!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn! Looking really good for a walk in 2 degrees ?. Scarf is so nice and perfect with the fit.

I bet everyone else was wearing boring black Canada Goose parkas

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 13: Stephan Schneider "Rugs to Riches" stole courtesy of No Man Walks Alone"

It’s not often that you get second chances in life, but this is one such occasion: for this auction, you get another shot at the extra rare, coveted stole from Stephan Schneider’s collection “Rugs to Riches”.

This stole is generously offered by No Man Walks Alone (www.nomanwalksalone.com), which had these scarves made exclusively for them in a limited re-edition a few years ago. It doesn’t get more exclusive than that. This one is in a navy colorway:
1641838939108.png

1641838969766.png

1641839005373.png

We’ll begin bidding at $250. Please bid in increments of at least $50.

This year, all winning bidders coming in at or above retail price will also receive a rubber "Styleforum Approved" bracelet, and at the end of all the auctions, the three auction winners bidding the most above retail will also receive a Good Art Sterling Silver rosette "rubber biscuit" from Styleforum as in special recognition of your donation.

This auction ends Tuesday, January 11, at 12:30 PM PST or 10 minutes after the last bid, whichever comes later.

ALS NEWS

A recent tweet by an Australian amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patient using an implantable brain computer interface called Stentrode is said to be the first time a message has been posted on social media with the help of such technology.
By using this brain computer interface, developed by Synchron, 62-year-old Philip O’Keefe turned his direct thought into text with this post: “hello, world! Short tweet. Monumental progress.”
Read the full story here: https://alsnewstoday.com/news-posts...eet-using-stentrode-brain-computer-interface/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads