• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions for the ALS Association - 2021

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions for the ALS Association - 2021

This year, one of our members, @cyc wid it , has been battling ALS, a neurodegenerative disorder In his honor we are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions to benefit the ALS Association (ALS.org).

Of all the many traditions we all have, this is the one of which I am most proud. We are holding auctions of items donated by retailers and designers, 100% of the proceeds to go to the ALS Association (als.org).

2022 will be our 20th Year Anniversary, and we have raised over $85K over the past decade for a variety of charitable organizations. It's my hope that by the end of 2022, we are well above $100K. That starts with this set of charity auctions.

Please subscribe to this thread to keep updated on the daily, 24-hour auctions, and please bid often and generously. Please tag a friend. Please get an IRL friend to join and participate.

Each auction will take 24 hours, starting as close to 5 p.m. PST as I am able to make it, and ending the same time the next day, or 10 minutes after the final bid, whichever comes later.

All auctions will start at 50% of the retail price, and will start shortly.

Everyone who wins an auction will get a "Styleforum approved '' rubber bracelet and at the very end. the three people who have bid highest over retail will get a Good Art rosette "rubber biscuit" (https://www.goodart.com/collections/rubber-biscuits/products/rubber-biscuits-1) with that!.

Here is the tentative remaining schedule:

Dec 15: GIIN: 2 Feynman polos

Dec 16: Sam Hober: 1 custom made tie and pocket square

Dec 17: Carmina: 1 pair of MTO shoes

Dec 18&19: No Man Walks Alone Auiction 1: Doppiaa cashmere coat and Stephan Schneider rugs to riches stole!

Dec 20: Kent Wang: 2 each of the following: Sunglasses(any except horn frames) $55 Umbrellas (any) $165-225 Shawl cardigan (any, including custom)
$195 Gloves $95 Scarves $45

Dec 21: Sartoriale: 1 Boglioli Jacket, 1 Fedeli Sweater, 1 Pair Incotex Pants

Dec 22: Kirby Allison: Ancient Madder 35 ounce silk gown. Seriously, this thing is crazy, and definitely beats the robe you accidentally pacled from the Sheraton a few years ago.

Dec 23 The grand finale. No Man Walks Alone Auction 2: Abasi Rosborough jacket and Stephan Schneider rugs to riches stole! This one will end the morning of Christmas Eve! I know what I'll be bidding on ("But honey, it's for charity!")

If you are a vendor and would like to donate an item for the charity, please email us at styleforum dot net at gmail dot com

Cheers,

80EA0147-3986-40F7-8FD2-5124DFC40148.PNG

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Last edited:

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly - thank you for organizing this!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a target date to start posting items?
We hope to start beginning of next week. After having missed a year, choosing a new organization, and just being generally in the weeds here, we elected to do this right rather than to do this fast. It will mean that this will go into the new year, so you guys can big with some of those extra pennies you get from returning that toaster oven that Aunt Agnes sent you fkr some inexplicable reason, and instead, get something that you really want, and also support a good cause.

We are assembling things now. Any vendors wishing to donate an item and have not yet contacted us, please do so to styleforum.net at gmail dot com

Cheers,

Fok,

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 1: Camel hair Shawl Collar Cardigan & knitted cashmere gloves from EHaberdasher

Let's kick off the annual Charity Auctions with arguably the coziest item of the lot: a shawl cardigan in pure camel hair, kindly offered by eHaberdasher.
1639417259737.png

This Made in Scotland beauty comes in different colors and retails for $595 on eHaberdasher’s website. Benjamin from eHaberdasher is also donating a pair of knitted cashmere gloves that the winner of this auction will receive along with the cardigan, in a color of their choice.

This first auction will end on Tuesday December 14 at 12:30 PM EST, or ten (10) minutes after the last bid, whichever comes later.

Winner shall be contacted at that time and told how to proceed to claim their won auction item.

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the ALS Association to fund the research on this neuro-generative disease.

I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions. We would also like to thank @cyc wid it for being a valuable member of the Styleforum community and for speaking about ALS after receiving a diagnosis early this year. These Charity Auctions want to honor his ongoing battle.

We will start the bidding at 1/2 of the retail of this package, or $245. The bidding will go by increments of $20.

Please note that this year, all winning bidders coming in at or above retail price will also receive a rubber "Styleforum Aprroved" bracelet, and that at the end of all the auctions, the three auction winners bidding the most above retail will also receive a Good Art Sterling Silver rosette "rubber biscuit" from Styleforum as in special recognition of your donation.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evacipator

Reaction score
Is the correct end date the 14th? And is there a way we can contribute to the SF donation fund pool directly?

Also, $245

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the correct end date the 14th? And is there a way we can contribute to the SF donation fund pool directly?

Also, $245
Hi,

The correct end date is tomorrow, correct. We find that for nearly any auction, more than 24 hours is too much. 24 hours gives enough time for everyone to see and bid (though we do hav a provision for a last minute bidding frenzy - please do that!) and not enough to lose momentum,

Yes, you can donate directly by sending money to styleforum dot net at gmail dot com with the note : Charity ALS Association 2021. And thank you,

Cheers,

Fok,

Evacipator

Reaction score
24 hours is what I'd expect - only the listing says the 13th. Thought it might have been an error I was making trying to convert from Aussie time too early in the morning.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24 hours is what I'd expect - only the listing says the 13th. Thought it might have been an error I was making trying to convert from Aussie time too early in the morning.
Edit: I see now. Fixed. Thanks for that catch. Our core staff is in 3 timezones, one in CST, right now, so we are maybe a bit more than a bit confused.

Cheers,

Fok.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any way to automatically @ all the people from the last few years? (or have this thread merged so everyone gets auto-notified)

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Excited the auction is back. Thank you for organizing. Best of luck to all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads