• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooo the next bet should be loch ness monster. I ain't got tree fitty no loch ness monster!
I still don't understand you after all these years. What? I heard $300, and I'll take that. Please, someone save the donor and bid higher!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three hundo
@edinatlanta is a winner. This might be the literal first time in Styleforum history. Congratulations. If I could send you balloons over the internet, I would. I want to hoist you on my shoulders like you just won the heavyweight championship of the world.

Please email me at styleforum.net @ gmail.com for more details.

Cheers,

Fok.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@edinatlanta is a winner. This might be the literal first time in Styleforum history. Congratulations. If I could send you balloons over the internet, I would. I want to hoist you on my shoulders like you just won the heavyweight championship of the world.

Please email me at styleforum.net @ gmail.com for more details.

Cheers,

Fok.
You're joking....right?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 19: A bridle cardholder and watch strap set from @DavidLane
Starts immediately, ends 12 p.m. PST, Monday, Dec 31.

Earlier this year, I got a really great watch fob made by @DavidLane, a bespoke leather maker, which is holding a regular rotation of semi-decent watches. For this auction, David Lane has graciously donated a cardholder and watchstrap set, to me made in the leathers of your choosing:

Here is an immediately available set, but you may have MTO done as well:
David Lane.jpeg

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price is $275 shipped anywhere in the world, approximately $137.5 . We will start the bidding at about 1/2 of the retail, or $150. The bidding will go by increments of $25.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House. And let's end up the year on a strong note!

Cheers,

Fok.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can we just agree that in reality he isn't a winner? I mean, yes, we won this auction and that makes him a winner in the most technical sense, but... No. No he is not a winner :)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Earlier this year, I got a really great watch fob made by @DavidLane, a bespoke leather maker, which is holding a regular rotation of semi-decent watches. For this auction, David Lane has graciously donated a cardholder and watchstrap set, to me made in the leathers of your choosing:

View attachment 1098206

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price is $275 shipped anywhere in the world, approximately $137.5 . We will start the bidding at about 1/2 of the retail, or $150. The bidding will go by increments of $25.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House. And let's end up the year on a strong note!

Cheers,

Fok.
These are nice but I couldn't justify replacing my fourth-month old cardholder (especially after the shoes).

Can we get a sense of what is left so we know if/how much we can bid?

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1098206

Cheers,

Fok.
Lost track of time (pun intended) if this is still open. I am in for $160 and will work with David on avail options I could use a nice beefy watch strap!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost track of time (pun intended) if this is still open. I am in for $160 and will work with David on avail options I could use a nice beefy watch strap!
Same here, as it turns out. I'm going to take your bid and extend this to 5 PST today just so that we can see what we can get going. I'll look through the schedule for any remaining auction items.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, right now, with all the payments in, we are at $10190, not yet including the last auction. Styleforum will round it up to $11K.

An early congratulations for such a strong showing this year. We have a couple more auctions in the works, so stay tuned.

Cheers,

Fok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads