• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome. It's fitting that these boots go to a cold place.

Please email Styleforum.net @ gmail.com for further instructions.

Next auction will be up shortly.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 10: Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober

Starts immediately, ends 5:00 p.m. PST, Friday, Dec 14, or 10 minutes after the latest bid, whichever comes later.

Up for our 10th auction is for one of three (3) separate sets of any tie and pocket square from @Sam Hober . The highest 3 bidders will all win a set! You can find lots of inspiration here.

Just as an example:
SHPT-2-cc_8hso-04.jpg

IPLT-22-1.jpg

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (https://rmhcinlandnw.org/), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during the holidays, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price of each of these tie and pocketsquare sets is $170. Bidding will start at $90 Bidding will be by increments of $15 or higher, and remember, the top 3 bidders all win!

Winners will contact Styleforum directly at [email protected], please.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be cute, but given that the current highest bid is $150 and the top three bidders win, could I bid $125? Or does it have to be equal to or greater than $150.

If the former, I bid $125.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be cute, but given that the current highest bid is $150 and the top three bidders win, could I bid $125? Or does it have to be equal to or greater than $150.

If the former, I bid $125.
I guess we will let this one slide, since it's not a conventional auction.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of the auction, wouldn't it be more fitting to allow equal or greater bids?
You are probably right, but I'll let that one go, since I already said yes. The rest, equal or higher, in $15 increments.

C'mon people, it's to benefit kids. While it's also awesome to get a deal, I feel that getting something that you like and helping kids should be enough incentive. It's tempting fate to try to hit the trifecta.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright. Another one in the books. Could @PASstudy , @Biggskip and @nickrut please email me at styleforum.net @ gmail.com please?

A brief hiatus, and we're really going to get ready for Christmas. we'll have an auction for a Valstar jacket from No Man Walks Alone and @gdl203 up on Saturday evening until Monday evening. Following that we will have MTO shoes from Lof&Tung, courtesy of Skoaktiebolaget and @Leaves , a navy suit from Cavour @kevinsvindland , more MTO shoes, this time from @Carmina , and we'll end the week with ties from Vanda @gshen

That won't mean that we are done though. We'll have a bridle leather belt from @Equus Leather , Fiori de Lusso shoes from @shopthefinest, a card holder and watchband combo from @DavidLane , and a few other goodies all the way up to Christmas, and maybe a few days beyond. Get your wallets ready, gentlemen.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright. Another one in the books. Could @PASstudy , @Biggskip and @nickrut please email me at styleforum.net @ gmail.com please?

A brief hiatus, and we're really going to get ready for Christmas. we'll have an auction for a Valstar jacket from No Man Walks Alone and @gdl203 up on Saturday evening until Monday evening. Following that we will have MTO shoes from Lof&Tung, courtesy of Skoaktiebolaget and @Leaves , a navy suit from Cavour @kevinsvindland , more MTO shoes, this time from @Carmina , and we'll end the week with ties from Vanda @gshen

That won't mean that we are done though. We'll have a bridle leather belt from @Equus Leather , Fiori de Lusso shoes from @shopthefinest, a card holder and watchband combo from @DavidLane , and a few other goodies all the way up to Christmas, and maybe a few days beyond. Get your wallets ready, gentlemen.

If my sizes are available I'd be all over these. Will watch as they go live.

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Emailed you.

Looking forward to the rest of the auctions.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 11: Any Valstar jacket and Master-Piece wallet of the winner's choice from www.nomanwalksalone.com

Let's start the bidding... now. The first auction will be the longest auction, and will end on Monday December 17, at 5 p.m. PST.

Up for auction is a combination of any Valstar jacket and Master-Piece wallet of the winners choice, plus as available at www.nomanwalksalone.

There are many choices to be had for either item.

Me, I am partial to this combination:
20181015117.jpg

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clint-western-suede-jacket-corduroy-lining.html

20181018135.jpg

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...n-purse-in-bottle-green-shrunken-leather.html

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price is approximately $1500. We will start the bidding at just under 1/2 of the retail of this package, or $750. The bidding will go by increments of $75 or higher. Let's do it for the kids.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads