• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org)

Of all the many traditions we all have, this is the one of which I am most proud. We are holding auctions of items donated by retailers and designers, 100% of the proceeds to go to the Ronald McDonald House, which helps to house and feed the families of children who must travel for medical treatment. During the holiday season, illness and being away from the comfort of home is especially stressful, and I love that we can help. in a small way. alleviate some of this stress.

This is our 16 Year Anniversary, and we'd like add to the over $70K donated to charity since the auctions started four years ago! Please subscribe to this thread to keep updated on the daily, 24-hour auctions, and please bid often and generously.

Each auction will take 24 hours, starting as close to 5 p.m. PST as I am able to make it, and ending the same time the next day, or 10 minutes after the final bid, whichever comes later.

All auctions will start at 50% of the retail price.

Right now, we have auction items from
Carmina, Grant Stone. iTailor, Heinrich Dinkelacker, Atelier Wen. Luxire, No Man Walks Alone
Skolyx, Cavour, Epaulet. SARTORIALE, and Shop the Finest.

If you are a vendor and would like to donate an item for the charity, please email us at styleforum dot net at gmail dot com

Cheers,

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Already? I still haven't been round to get my shoes from the Armoury.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mrsmythe

Reaction score
does anyone know the make of the boots that's in the picture sent out with the email? They look amazing.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org)

Of all the many traditions we all have, this is the one of which I am most proud. We are holding auctions of items donated by retailers and designers, 100% of the proceeds to go to the Ronald McDonald House, which helps to house and feed the families of children who must travel for medical treatment. During the holiday season, illness and being away from the comfort of home is especially stressful, and I love that we can help. in a small way. alleviate some of this stress.

This is our 16 Year Anniversary, and we'd like add to the over $70K donated to charity since the auctions started four years ago! Please subscribe to this thread to keep updated on the daily, 24-hour auctions, and please bid often and generously.

Each auction will take 24 hours, starting as close to 5 p.m. PST as I am able to make it, and ending the same time the next day, or 10 minutes after the final bid, whichever comes later.

All auctions will start at 50% of the retail price.

Right now, we have auction items from
Carmina, Grant Stone. iTailor, Heinrich Dinkelacker, Atelier Wen. Luxire, No Man Walks Alone
Skolyx, Cavour, Epaulet. SARTORIALE, and Shop the Finest.

If you are a vendor and would like to donate an item for the charity, please email us at styleforum dot net at gmail dot com

Cheers,

Fok and the Styleforum Team.
What day does this start?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone know the make of the boots that's in the picture sent out with the email? They look amazing.
Actually, Heinrech Dinelacker - the Buda-Brogue model. If you want to get a preview, here it is. It will be up for auction in the coming week: http://www.heinrich-dinkelacker.com/buda-full-brogue-fc-2.html

What is amazing is that it's an actual proper winter boot, with a lambskin (aka shearling) lining that will keep you considerably warmer than a regular calf lining.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping to see some Russian reindeer or Good Art Hollywood in here ;)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 1: TLB Mallorca MTO footwear from Skolyx

Starts immediately, ends 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday, Dec 3., or 10 minutes after the latest bid, whichever comes later.

Let's get things started with a pair of TLB Mallorca MTO shoes generously donated by @Skolyx (www.skloyx.se - found on Styleforum here)

The shoes are made in the brand’s own factory in Inca on Mallorca, using leather from the best tanneries in Europe, their shoes featuring quality details like full reverse calf for all suede shoes, a close-cut waist and a high level of finishing. If you win, your feet get to be wrapped in gorgeous, elegant shoes. And as an extra bonus, shoe trees are included.

Some inspiration:
tlb-wingtip-adelaide-vegano-brown.jpg

(https://www.skolyx.se/en/shoes/500-tlb-wingtip-adelaide-vegano-brown.html)

tlb-brogued-oxford-in-medium-brown-suede.jpg

https://www.skolyx.se/en/shoes/512-tlb-brogued-oxford-in-medium-brown-suede.html

As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (https://rmhcinlandnw.org/), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during the holidays, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price is between 475 Euros, approximately $538 USD, currently. We will start the bidding at just under 1/2 of the retail, or $260 (USD). The bidding will go by increments of $25 or greater.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

Tz2000

Reaction score
Which pair of shoes do you get if you win the auction? Do you choose one off the website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads