• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

jolinlovesjunya

Reaction score
E36E17EB-2E20-477F-9E77-7E51470A8B23.jpeg

Thomson

Reaction score
Just came across your post. A beautiful suit indeed. As to the trousers, what kind of pockets did you get in combination with the double forward pleats?

Many thanks.

A few notes on the suit, for whatever they're worth. I asked for the classic house cut and I think that's precisely what I got: extended shoulders; good drape and swelling through the chest; a reasonable amount of waist suppression; strong, bellied lapels (something like 3.75").

I similarly asked for a "classic," fuller cut trouser; we discussed something in the 18.5-19" circumference at the ankle if I recall correctly though I haven't actually measured. Trousers have double forward pleats and are cut for suspenders (w/ side tabs). Fairly high rise.

The coat is quite roomy and comfortable even though it still strikes what I at least hope is a pretty flattering silhouette. The back of the coat needs a bit of cleanup below the collar (very square shoulders) and the left sleeve is very, very slightly twisted when I hang my arms at my sides as you can see if you look closely in the above pictures. The trousers drape very nicely though I think I will have them lengthened a touch; I think at the fitting they weren't cranked quite as high on my waist as I generally wear them.

The cloth is a sturdy hopsack, and I think it has great versatility in terms of color and texture. My only complaint about it so far is that, like Minnis Fresco, it has an extraordinary tendency to pick up bits of lint, crumbs, and so on. Will give the coat a try as a separate 'blazer' substitute; I think it might just work.

Edit to note a technical point much discussed in the earlier days of this thread: the coat’s side seam stops short of the armhole, so I guess it doesn’t technically have a side body? Not entirely sure of the precise terminology. It also has a dart under the lapel on each side, which I think has to do with helping the front drape cleanly over my chest, which is a problem area on lots of otr stuff for me.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came across your post. A beautiful suit indeed. As to the trousers, what kind of pockets did you get in combination with the double forward pleats?

Many thanks.

Oo, good question. Assuming you're talking about the hip pockets on the trousers -- on seam vs. slanted? I honestly don't recall either way and I'm on the road so can't check right now. I *think* I just said "whatever you'd usually do" (as I did with many of the minor style details) but will try to remember to check when I have a chance! I don't think there was any of the funky A&S slanted seam business or anything but I'm not sure either way.

Thomson

Reaction score
Oo, good question. Assuming you're talking about the hip pockets on the trousers -- on seam vs. slanted?

Yes, that’s what I meant. Or maybe jetted. I am trying to figure out which type of pocket goes well with forward pleats.

Much appreciated.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Steed’s pockets are usually slanted, with nothing unusual about them. Not jetted, IOW.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump and sub.

I've got an appointment with Steed next week in Houston. Will provide updates as commission progresses.

JGARY

Reaction score
That looks great, Mark. I hated to miss them in Dallas (my second miss in a row). I hope they are getting enough action to keep coming.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Patch pockets and will it be ready for summer?

It’s actually part of a suit, so I’m going with flaps. Going with patch on the new sport coat though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads