• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any more people had experience with Redmayne made to measure since it was last mentioned? I have several bespoke orders from Tom, and they are great, but I am thinking MTM might make more sense for something like a dinner suit, which will not be worn as frequently and thus it is more difficult to justify the added cost that comes with bespoke (especially if I also get an ivory or cream DJ). Having a better sense of how the MTM product compares would help.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To all of the drape cut veterans.

How has your experience been having garments made up in tropical wools?

Do they were and hold up well similar to the heavier weight worsteds and tweeds?

For example: lesser 8/9, fresco lite 9oz, HS Crispaire, and Fox Air.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I would change to dark buttons.
Funny you should mention, I couldn't make up my mind, so the guys sent me the navy horn if I want to change them out. I prefer these for now because I like the overall mood of the suit with a little contrast between buttons and fabric. But I might switch them out at some point

Dark Star

Reaction score
Off-topic, but tangentially related - is anyone aware of any Huntsman expats that have set up their own shops similar to the way Edwin, Hitchcock, and Mahon have?
Patrick Murphy was at Huntsman for many, many years and is now at Davies and Son. It’s about 200 years old but it’s still employee-owned, so I consider that the equivalent of setting out on his own. It’s quite good too - both Patrick and Joe Matthews will do you just fine if you are think of a suit in the Huntsman style with a full chest, square shoulders and a V shape. I like Patrick’s work tons better than either of the Huntsman cutters currently on the row, although Ralph Fitzgerald Moullet who was the Huntsman cutter resident in New York last time I checked made me quite a nice blazer.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
176209F3-9F59-4149-8185-C2FBFF128EDF.png

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LL R&T?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads