• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a nice jacket, but I think the green and orange stripes on teh purple/blue-ish background (as seen on the pants) is even better. However, I am not sure it would be an easy jacket to pull off.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Can you stop doing ticket pockets? They're bugging the heck out of me.
That's what bugs you? Not the fact that he has recently made extensive use of the local Medieval Times to take his pictures?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
That's what bugs you? Not the fact that he has recently made extensive use of the local Medieval Times to take his pictures?

Not that old. Colonial Times.

- B

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
willywonkapants.jpg

Goddamit now I want a jacket in this fabric..

facepalm.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah

laugh.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Here I am in motion, however, in the same cut:

759016217_F775m-X2.jpg

I like the clothes but I find the pants length a bit short for my tastes. Are you doing that to show the shoes better?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
smile.gif

The cuffs are resting on the shoes already...you can see the tiniest bit of break on the trouser line on the left.

Contrived? I'm unsure what you mean. It would be contrived for you, but since my habits are largely rooted in the American collegiate/Ivy style background, full breaking trousers would be rather (and literally) alien. There's got to be a bit of boyishness.

I'll trot this out again: this old G. Bruce Boyer quotation from Eminently Suitable summarizes what I like best:

"The English writer Arnold Bennett used to say that his tailor advised him that trousers should 'shiver' on the shoe but not break."

Exactly.

I love Boyer's books. It took me a while but I finally got all of them. I still think pants need a longer length but I'm 6'3" so the break probably helps me with visual cues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics