• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

Mark from Plano

Lifestyle change - no homo
Reaction score
Met with Edwin and Matthew today. Took delivery of a new blue windowpane sport jacket and also made some additional tweaks to the jacket of a tobacco linen suit.

Also placed an order for a new MTM suit. Needed to replaced my old solid blue suit that finally gave up the ghost after about 13 years. Went with the following on it:
—Solid blue, a couple of shades lighter than navy. Holland and Sherry in 80% wool/20% Mohair.
—Jacket, very conventional. 2-button, notched lapels, flapped pockets with a muted paisley lining.
—Trousers with double, forward pleats, side adjusters, brace buttons and 2” cuffs.
—Waistcoat, double breasted with shawl lapels.

The idea is to wear it 2 piece as a business suit, but be able to add the waistcoat to kick it up a notch for social functions.

Last edited:

Mark from Plano

Reaction score
Bad bathroom selfie.

Can’t remember the fabric, but it’s a heavier weight. Done up in 2 button, 3 patch pockets and generous lapels.
405DA036-7D11-44B6-A1E1-B3FE54D3F185.jpeg

Last edited:

Mark from Plano

Reaction score
Mark, how does the fit/feel compare with your Despos suit?
Interesting question and one I don’t feel qualified to address really.

In terms of differences, this is my first venture into the world of drape. Chris doesn’t cut a drapey jacket and although my Rubinacci stuff is somewhat full through the chest, it’s not drapey like this.

I’m still getting used to the cut. It feels more extended in the shoulders and full through the chest than I’m used to with Chris’s stuff or the Rubinacci pieces. So far, I really like it though. I like having a variety of pieces in my wardrobe.

I do feel like the fit is spot on.

Mark from Plano

Reaction score
A few more details from the jacket:

Don’t know if you can make out the gorgeous “urn” shape on the patch pockets. Really nice
0B498AA5-E79B-4B0A-A8F2-485A1FC8946F.jpeg

A shot of the lining. If you don’t like it, blame me. I picked it and I think it’s great.
5B84E028-DEDE-4CE7-AD6B-A4D1EEE43FFE.jpeg

Close-up of the fabric, subtle pick stitching and lapel buttonhole.
C2F2FA1A-FECB-45EC-8E04-F4CCA2DC07CA.jpeg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting question and one I don’t feel qualified to address really.

In terms of differences, this is my first venture into the world of drape. Chris doesn’t cut a drapey jacket and although my Rubinacci stuff is somewhat full through the chest, it’s not drapey like this.

I’m still getting used to the cut. It feels more extended in the shoulders and full through the chest than I’m used to with Chris’s stuff or the Rubinacci pieces. So far, I really like it though. I like having a variety of pieces in my wardrobe.

I do feel like the fit is spot on.
I don’t have anything from Despos but I would agree that the drape takes a bit of getting used to. I have grown to like it though, it definitely adds some heft to my DB suit

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 83 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 138 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%