• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, I was just emailing with Matthew about LA.

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shhhhheeeeeeeit. Murl won’t even drive several hours for #menswear anymore. #sartorialinconvenience

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nah I'll fly.

Ah, you're a pretty big deal now huh. I bet your new SD apartment is filled with many leather bound books and smells of rich mahogany ;)

Shhhhheeeeeeeit. Murl won’t even drive several hours for #menswear anymore. #sartorialinconvenience
Pleaseeee....since when does 8 hours(rt) equal several? When you double your kid population, your already limited free time goes down the crapper. As much as I like you schmucks, I can't bring myself to do that drive for a couple hours of fittings and beers. Hopefully one of these days when I'm already in the area, they'll be in town.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, you're a pretty big deal now huh. I bet your new SD apartment is filled with many leather bound books and smells of rich mahogany ;)

Pleaseeee....since when does 8 hours(rt) equal several? When you double your kid population, your already limited free time goes down the crapper. As much as I like you schmucks, I can't bring myself to do that drive for a couple hours of fittings and beers. Hopefully one of these days when I'm already in the area, they'll be in town.
Whats the big deal? It takes 4 hours to drive from Irvine to Manhattan beach. You should be used to that by now...

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whats the big deal? It takes 4 hours to drive from Irvine to Manhattan beach. You should be used to that by now...
I'm just messing with him...but I live on the Central Coast. I live 15 miles from work and it takes me 13 min to get there. I avoid LA County like the plague.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just messing with him...but I live on the Central Coast. I live 15 miles from work and it takes me 13 min to get there. I avoid LA County like the plague.
Next time I come to LA, maybe you'll make an exception. I'll even pay for drinks :)

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Next time I come to LA, maybe you'll make an exception. I'll even pay for drinks :)
Add a plan ticket from SLO to LAX to avoid the traffic and you got a deal ;)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regularly brave Bay Bridge traffic to meet with tailors. We all have to make sacrifices for #sartorialexcellence.

Seriously, let us know when you're in the area so that we can grab a drink, no tailors required.

TexasDan

Reaction score
I got your back. 🤜

Although I’m not ordering anything new this trip. Maybe next spring when they’re here next.
I am seeing them in Dallas next week. Debating between a jacket from the Indigo bunch or another suit. After getting a taste of the fit of a bespoke suit, it is hard to put on some of my older stuff.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.