• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really want that bomber jacket. I have never tried the denim but all outerwear looks great.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The camel bomber with the shearling neck?
Yeah, it's pretty rad. I got one last fall but it was too cropped (I'm 6'2"), also would have been better with welt pockets or something.
He's done a version of it at least twice already though so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back this winter.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
camel bomber with denim and boots is a win for me

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score
Have seen alot of the stuff. Would be good for basics, I guess, at a good price. I consider it on par with APC.

Last edited:

VirtruviusR

Reaction score
Big fan of the clean and simple looks AMI is about. Picked up the belted cardi and it was a great friend to me in NYC's godawful endless winter soup

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Incidentally of anybody has picked up any of the current season denim AMI fit in the washed, destroyed or black I would be very interested in the fit. Some places call it a slim fit and others say it's relaxed with a taper.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nicelynice has a pair of AMI denim, I think. He may be able to comment

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Ami denim - absolutely love the cut. I have a pair of the one-wash raws, it's slightly relaxed in the top block with a taper below the knee. Mid to higher rise. Very comfortable while still looking clean.
Really nice denim as well, slightly slubby texture

Here's some fit pics:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. Remember when he posted the area and mentioned them having a high-ish rise, loose thigh and strong taper... Which all sounds perfect but everybody has different ideas of what relaxed or loose thighs are.
The more data I can assemble the better haha

I'll just end up ordering a pair soon either way.

Edit: thanks NN, are they around locally for you? Did you happen to see the black, washed or destroyed versions? Basically trying to find something similar to the uniqlo pbj loose tapered.

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does AMI generally fit pretty boxy? I've been staying away from this brand because that's what I kept hearing even though there's some nice things.

Understudy

Reaction score
Does AMI generally fit pretty boxy? I've been staying away from this brand because that's what I kept hearing even though there's some nice things.

The fit varies greatly, as it's a huge collection. I have two t-shirts from them and they fit completely differently, one slim and one boxy with a drop shoulder. Their oxford shirts and long shirts are a nice slim fit. All-in-all, I'm happy with everything I have from them.

We actually featured a number of AMI pieces in this lookbook if you care to check it out:

http://understudyshop.com/pages/ss15-lookbook-part-1

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have an outer wear piece that fits very well. Understudy please stock that bomber jacket!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Understudy how do you guys view the current season seamless chinos? Some stock photos they look really slim, others they looke nice and relaxed up top. You guys seem to be the only place with a large left on the grey.

Understudy

Reaction score
@Understudy how do you guys view the current season seamless chinos? Some stock photos they look really slim, others they looke nice and relaxed up top. You guys seem to be the only place with a large left on the grey.

They have some room in the thigh and taper nicely to the ankle. The size Large is equivalent to a 34 and will fit well on a regular build. If you would like some specific measurements feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] and we'll take it from there.

- Aaron

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics