1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, May 20, 2015.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

MI webshop is on sale. Jodhpurs for 50% off but no 44 or 45 in either colour :(

Also for anybody on the fence with the wool carrot fit trousers, Scoop NYC and Neiman Marcus both have a few sizes in the grey for ~$100 (scoop takes an extra 50% off at check it)

2. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

Is TTS in the carrot shaped pants really look this fitted?

[​IMG]

Maybe I should size up?

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Go TTS, the top block is looser than it looks

4. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Hey guys couple questions and comments.

1. I'm thinking about getting a topcoat. I am normally a size 40 chest. Will a size 50 AMI topcoat fit with a suit jacket underneath? Or do I need to size up to 52? How is the quality? I have never handled a topcoat in person.

2. I am thinking about getting a carrot fit wool trousers. I am not into the cropped look, so I am wondering if they are in fact cropped or not? I am about 6'1". The pics on eastdane seem to indicate they are not cropped. I am a 34" with thicker thighs but overall i'm slim, so if another fit would be more appropriate please let me know

3. I have numerous shirts and sweaters from AMI and I love the quality and fit. Great overall brand.

5. juven

juven Senior member

I will check out their topcoats when I go into their store next week and report back if it is not time sensitive

6. juven

juven Senior member

7. juven

juven Senior member

@nepats81 - above is me at ami place vendome Paris in a 48 jacket and 50 topcoat. They have wonderful fabrics and I'd recommend a size above your suit jacket

8. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

wow that looks great. how tall are you? The length looks perfect.

9. juven

juven Senior member

5'10, they also had some amazing cashmere topcoats

10. OccultaVexillum

Only one size up? I ordered a 54 a few seasons ago and it felt small, ended up returning it. I was thinking about ordering the 56 on the webstore but maybe sizing has changed.

11. juven

juven Senior member

For fitted size up one, if you have broad shoulders two sizes up would be fine. I felt comfortable one up, your preference.

12. OccultaVexillum

Thanks.

If anybody wants a pair of the tan cords for cheap in a 42/34/50 shoot me a pm.

13. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

How's sneakers sizing for those are between sizes? MrPorter rec to size up?

14. juven

juven Senior member

I went 42 and were too big, I wear 9 in Nike and 41 in common projects. I expect a 41 for me would be right, though I can't be certain. I put an arch support insert in the 42 though and it is quite good now. The toe box is decently wide so if you know CP sizing stick with that

15. OccultaVexillum

If anybody wants the two pairs of cords I'm selling I'll do a package price. Black has been worn twice, tan are brand new. See the listings in my sig or pm me, I replaced them with a different size so I really just want to move them on.

16. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Anyone handle the leather backpack yet? Looks pretty nice

17. zer0tails

zer0tails Active Member

Hello! Does anyone have experience with the 2 button oversized coats? How's the fit and quality? Especially given that it's not 100% wool, I'm hesitating on pulling the trigger. Also, do you recommend going true to size?

Thanks!

18. OccultaVexillum

Hey @zer0tails, something was posted a few posts back by @juven about the top coats. He might have checked out the oversized coats while he was there.

1 person likes this.
  19. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

I tried on an AMI topcoat, recently, and I'm pretty sure it was one of the oversized coats. The wool felt thin, and I don't think the oversized look works for me.