THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, May 20, 2015.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I was replying to @juven
    but fit pics I am talking about are here, although looking back at them now I guess they aren't cropped at all, maybe the 2nd and 3rd approach cropped but both those models are over 6'1" and wearing a smaller size (44 and 46). But I would say they are just a pretty clean break.
    Incidentally that first picture is exactly what I want - full grey suit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. juven

juven Senior member

About 5'9.5 and I prefer no break so I usually have everything hemmed a little bit unless I am really lucky.

3. moulton

moulton Active Member

So are you saying that the black AMI jeans at ssense and East Dane are different from the ones at Understudy and Need Supply?

4. OccultaVexillum

I think so, yes.
    He does 3 fits of denim.
    AMI fit (relaxed taper)
    Slim fit
    Cropped carrot fit

You can tell which are the cropped carrot pretty easy. Most shops list either slim fit or AMI fit. But ssense is always a crap shoot. On east Dane you can see the grey are the AMI fit and the black are the "slim fit". So unless they labeled them wrong then they are different. The AMI webshop has all three fits of you're curious (but black ami fit 34's are oos).

5. moulton

moulton Active Member

Wow. Thanks for the detailed response. I didn't know AMI had three cuts for jeans (thought it was only carrot and AMI-fit). It's interesting though because the AMI webshop only has black jeans in AMI fit. Do you know if there a tag inside the pants that states which fit it is?

6. OccultaVexillum

I don't know off hand but I'll check mine when I'm at home and let you know.

7. OccultaVexillum

I checked my denim and neither the grey or washed version say anything on the tags about the fit, so that could be confusing. Fwiw the info I have about the fits is from east Dane cs Who said the black slim fit was different to the washed AMI fit (this was last season) and the AMI webshop cs who told me they didn't make the AMI fit in black last year when I was trying to find a pair. I emailed ssense on Friday asking them if they could confirm what version they are carrying so hopefully I hear from them tomorrow.

8. moulton

moulton Active Member

Thanks for the great info. You sure have done your homework. I wish they would just have and share the product code so that there isn't a mystery to the item you are buying.

9. OccultaVexillum

No worries.
    I just got my black cords in from Understudy and they are really nice. Fit is a little looser than the summer chinos, which is great since the cords don't have any stretch fabric in them. I want the tan and navy ones now

10. OccultaVexillum

update - Ssense CS told me the black denim they currently stock IS the "AMI Fit". Copped!

11. leeba

leeba Senior member

I also got the black cords from Understudy and they're super nice/comfy, sizing is iffy (42) --> I'm probably a 40 so might be up for grabs.

Has anybody had any luck finding stockists for the oversize turtlenecks and tan cords from this season? Also, long shot but anywhere that still has these pants (used is fine)?

[​IMG]

I think they're from FW14 - oversized trousers. Could be large fit or an earlier season but not sure. He only made them in navy/khaki this season.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

12. OccultaVexillum

I think those are the "street fit jeans", it was basically a drop crotch carrot fit similar to this season but they weren't cropped. He did it in a few shades of wool (grey, camel, navy and black iirc). The only place I ever saw them available was the webshop.
    And yeah I want a pair of the tan cords but I want to size up to a 44 on them, I can't find that size in the tan though.
    As for oversized turtlenecks I know a few places, I'll check my bookmarks when I get to my laptop but if you check the stockists listed in the first post in this thread you're bound to find a few. Off hand I want to say Acrimony has/had some and the next door or novoid plus I think.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

13. juven

juven Senior member

14. OccultaVexillum

15. leeba

leeba Senior member

Thanks - I think these might be carrot fit or just large trousers? The pants I posted have back pockets like jeans which is actually sort of a weird detail I'm not sure I like. Do you guys remember if these yoox ones fit similarly? (loose, drop crotch, tapered)

Yea, I think they sold out or something. I'd love a grey one in either M or L...probably M :/