1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, May 20, 2015.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Alright my black AMI fit just came in from Ssense and they actually fit bigger than the washed blue and washed grey version.

I posted the blue above, which is the same as the grey (except for the hem, which is just over 7" on the grey because I haven't had it tapered, probably wont).
    The black, straight out of the bag, are:
    waist - 18"
    f rise - 11.5"
    thigh - 12.8"
    inseam - 33.5"
    hem - 7.3"

I will have these tapered to a 6.75" opening too. Still a great, relaxed fit with a taper.

2. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

Wow, those sound great!

Do you think the black ones you got fit bigger because they are a newer version or because they're different denim?

3. OccultaVexillum

They're the same season as the grey wash so I think it must just be the washing process that makes the others a little slimmer. The black are just over dyed, there doesn't seem to be any wash at all, just solid black. So I'm guessing this is how they all fit to begin with but after they blue and grey got washed, distressed, washed again etc they shrunk a little.

4. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

Thanks for the advice.

I'm strongly considering the acid wash grey jeans, hopefully they stretch out a bit if they fit smaller.

5. OccultaVexillum

Maaaaan. I really wanted the black leather ones from this season but only Ssense got the black in Nth America and apparently never got a 45, then I saw these for SS16.... Praying all the stockists picked these up in 45's.
    Has anybody got experience with the footwear? If the ami webshop has a sale I will probably grab a pair of the black leather, anyway, I really really like these but oddly enough I have no interest in slp or any other variants of jodhpurs really.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

I really like the black AMI versions but don't have any interest in SeF, SLP Jodh's either. I dunno what it is about them, as they're not even styled that well on Ssense.

Where did you see the SS16 pics BTW?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  7. OccultaVexillum

Yeah I don't know what it is about them either. The buckle even looks really flimsy on Ssense but I like them a lot. I mean I like that it's a pretty low sole and heel, slp is way to high and feminine for my taste and Sef is pretty much the same.
    Did you see this seasons black ones anywhere else? I know east Dane had the brown leather (but no 45's) and Opening Cermeny had the moc toe boots. I don't know anywhere else with the jods outside of the webshop.
    I saw those tan suede browsing Instagram, it said it was for SS16 but I don't know what the account was. I think it was a French boutique or something.

8. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

9. OccultaVexillum

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

do you guys have the standard AMI logo sweatshirt? Thinking of picking one up. How does it fit? I'm thinking of sizing down one so its a little tighter.

been following this brand since season one with interest, pretty nice stuff but yet to cop a piece from him.

11. OccultaVexillum

I'm not into the branded stuff so I don't know for sure but other sweaters and knits I've tried seem to run a little smsll/tight.

1 person likes this.
  12. Understudy

Understudy Senior member

We have this one on sale - plus you can save an extra 20% with our boxing week discount code: BOXING20

http://understudyshop.com/collections/ami-alexandre-mattiussi/products/amicrewnecksweatshirtgrege

It's a slim fit already - let us know if you would like measurements.

13. chupas

chupas Senior member

Dudes who have experience with the carrot trousers: are they acceptable as office/biz casual wear? I have a pair on their way but I'm just curious, since photos I've seen online are kind of all over the place in terms of fit.

14. juven

juven Senior member

Depends on the material, the more refined wool ones I think are suitable while the cotton chinos can come in colors that are better for weekend use.

15. OccultaVexillum

The wool carrot fits are fine for the office. They are more of a high rise than a drop crotch. Obv it depends how you wear them though.

There's a lot of stuff from this season that I'm kms of late getting into. I really want one of the washed denim v neck over shirts but it looks like the only places that got it were East Dane and a shop on far fetch which are both out of XL's. And that oversized sweater I'm still hunting for. He even did an elongated cardigan in a mohair blend, like knee length, and Ssense picked up the grey and sold out pretty fast and then Jonathan + Olivia had/have it too but they rarely buy anything bigger than L.

16. chupas

chupas Senior member

Cool, I'm interested in the wool ones specifically, and I'm thinking of grabbing a second pair in a different color. Now I just have to hope the sizing works out. Thanks guys.

17. OccultaVexillum

I took a 42 and they fit well for a 34. I'm also a 42/34 in the cords, denim and stretch chinos so sizing is pretty consistent, just different fits. What colour do you have on the way? I have the grey, but I really like the indigo and that khaki wool colour too.

18. chupas

chupas Senior member

Grey is on the way, and I'll probably order the indigo because I absolutely love that color. I got a 40 for the greys but I'm usually a 31 or 32 depending on how true the sizing is, so I sort of wondered how the 38s would fit.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  19. juven

juven Senior member

In my experience you should be golden with 40, 38 is more like a 30.

20. OccultaVexillum

Already some SS16 stuff rolling in to Mr P and Need Supply. Nothing that interesting yet, but the pleated chinos look like they could be good