THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OccultaVexillum, May 20, 2015.

1. eljimberino

eljimberino Senior member

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

There is only one line. I have no idea about their Blazers, or Blazers in general, but there aren't any off shoot labels.

3. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015

4. msg

msg Senior member

Farfetch is just a E commerce front end for small shops. Easy to order from.

5. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

Yeah? I'd read some reviews regarding services and stuff, and there were quite a few complaints, especially regarding unforeseen duties/taxes, poor customer service, and incorrect items. But if its easy, safe, and reliable, I may take a gamble since I can't find that oversized turtleneck anywhere. Come to think of it, I can't find a lot of the AW collection (especially the oversized items) online.

6. OccultaVexillum

A lot of the buys have been boring shit this season. Ssense and Bloomingdales of all places have picked up the most interesting pieces.
    And yeah far fetch is effectively a middle man for boutiques. If you're ordering internationally then expect duties because that's how international shipping and importing works, it's not a reason to get upset, just be aware of it and expect it.

7. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

So they're not included in the price for US buyers? They are for the UK, thankfully.

8. OccultaVexillum

I'm not sure, I've never ordered from them. But even if they are you could still get a brokering fee from FedEx.

9. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Think that's one of the things people like about Farfetch, that they handle import duties as well:

"Import duties included
    We currently ship orders with import delivery duties paid to the US – this means all import duties are included in your order, so the price you see is the price you pay. You will not receive an additional duty bill from the courier to receive your shipment. If you are ordering from within the US sales taxes will be applied at the checkout where applicable."

10. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

Where did you see the Bloomingdale's buy? In-store only?
    ------
    Really disappointed that nobody picked up this coat (or...anything in this fabric). Hopefully it's just a later drop.
    [​IMG]

11. OccultaVexillum

My bad I meant saks.

12. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

Yeah, that's what it says for Canadian buyers too. I may just take the plunge and hope for the best, since I adore the oversized roll neck.

13. RGWH

RGWH New Member

im not sure due to the lighting, but im pretty sure END. stocks it. (http://www.endclothing.com/eu/brands/ami/ami-3-button-classic-coat-h15m05-22.html)

Otherwise, it might be the oversized coat which thenextdoor stocks (http://www.thenextdoor.fr/en/ami-alexandre-mattiussi-manteau-oversize-noir-melange.html), they actually have a decent amount of AMI clothing this season.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

14. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

You might be right; I was actually thinking the same thing but am unsure because of the lighting. However, the herringbone is clearly visible in other runway shots, so I'm holding out hope that it's a different fabric that's going to drop later in the season.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

15. leeba

leeba Senior member

Anybody cop any outerwear yet? I'm interested in the shearling bomber but diff size charts are all over the place - like most, crop factor could be an issue/the shoulders seem to be cut narrow.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015