1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The American.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by whnay., Sep 7, 2010.

1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Well at least if it sucks we're even. Australians have that dogpile of a movie called Australia and Americans now have The American.

2. KenN

KenN Senior member

How much did you think Omega paid for those shots of Clooney's speedy?

3. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

It was kind of a slow, sad, wintery sort of movie with some decent outerwear in it.

I entered the theater prepared to cringe my face off. Which is why I was so pleasantly surprised.

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

the most pointless nudity in history, it somehow managed to make a spy movie boring. . . . a 3 minute shot of her boobs, for no reason. Just kept on shooting them, for no reason.

huh what. did you just put the words "pointless" and "nudity" next to each other?

how long have you been on the planet?

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

huh what. did you just put the words "pointless" and "nudity" next to each other? how long have you been on the planet?
    He's a homosensual. They come from Venus.

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

It didn't have enough stuff blownin' up real good for some folks, I suppose.

I appreciate the lack of special effects/car chases/explosions. This movie is for grownups. If you liked Salt then you probably won't like The American, and vice versa.

And if you ever need to hire a hit squad, don't hire the Scandinavians even if they are cheaper than the alternatives.

7. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Any professional assassin who uses as imprecise a firearm as a hoked-up Ruger Mini-14 loses a lot of credibility right off the bat!

8. Steve Smith

Any professional assassin who uses as imprecise a firearm as a hoked-up Ruger Mini-14 loses a lot of credibility right off the bat!

Yeah, Jan, I don't quite have your credentials but I noticed that. In the movie's defense, the shot that was to be taken was specified and it was so close-ranged that I figured it didn't really matter.

9. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I appreciate the lack of special effects/car chases/explosions. This movie is for grownups. If you liked Salt then you probably won't like The American, and vice versa.

I liked both of them. What now, motherfucker?[​IMG]

10. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

beautifully shot.
    love interest was gorgeous.
    as were her titties.
    i did doze off for a bit.
    but i enjoyed it.

11. Steve Smith

I liked both of them. What now, motherfucker?[​IMG]

So much for my bullshit theory.

12. MumRaww

MumRaww Active Member

The movie was way to slow but had some nice cinematography and the Italian countryside is gorgeous, pretty intense sex-scene as well.

Also, Swedish hitmen are generally not caucasian unless you consider black ops and similar military assets.

13. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

I honestly still don't understand why they wanted to kill Clooney? What did he even do wrong...they needed to explain that better, to me there was no real motive to have him killed.

14. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I honestly still don't understand why they wanted to kill Clooney? What did he even do wrong...they needed to explain that better, to me there was no real motive to have him killed.

my interpretation is that he had already tried to get out/quit before the movie timeline and he was in some sort of hiding. i think his boy was trying to flush him out and had him set up to be killed by the swedes, then it backfired and the swedes came after him for killing their 3 people.

15. office drone

office drone Senior member

^I sort of like that they don't explain why Clooney is the target in the first place, but your interpretation would fit.

16. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

my interpretation is that he had already tried to get out/quit before the movie timeline and he was in some sort of hiding. i think his boy was trying to flush him out and had him set up to be killed by the swedes, then it backfired and the swedes came after him for killing their 3 people.

I read it as he'd participated in another killing and the Swedes were out for retribution.

His handler wanted him dead because he wanted out.

17. grundletaint

he had no idea why the swedes (or that they were swedes) were after him until the newspaper cutout made it to him at the cafe showing the 2 hit guys and the girl "three killed" headline.

18. Steve Smith

he had no idea why the swedes (or that they were swedes) .....

They were nihilists.

19. grundletaint

hence the lingonberry pancakes?

20. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Esquire interviewed Clooney about a year ago. He seems like a cool guy. The writer showed him 2 girls 1 cup at the end of the interview. Clooney said it was gross.

He also gave Fabio the finger once. Fabio is a cool guy too.