• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Movie Thread (May 2, 2014)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[/img]

We’ve always known that Spider-Man’s most important battle has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man. But in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that a greater conflict lies ahead.

It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trailer comes out Dec 5th.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shame that Sony doesn't hold any other major Marvel rights. This would have been a perfect movie to do a cross-over.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're planning on doing Sinister Six and talks have been around about expanding to other Spiderman Universe characters like Venom and such.

So they'll have a good amount of material to work with.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We need a proper Felicia Hardy. And I could do without Venom. He's the Wolverine equivalent in the Spidey universe. Overexposed and just a stale character. Now, Carnage would be off the chain bananas.

SchwererGustav

Reaction score
The first two Sam Raimi movies were great "Spider-Man" films. The third was a mess, and the reboot is simply too flashy for its own good. Regardless, I looked at this trailer out of curiosity. I'm not impressed. The 1:14 mark does have a nice Easter egg of the Vulture wings and Octopus tentacles, though.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love that they are building for a Sinister Six film, but the whole thing feels too rushed. I would rather they have him fight one to two villains each film, then shove three in the second. It looks like the Green Goblin will play second fiddle to Electro too. That just isn't right.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep in mind that they plan to film 3 & 4 at the same time iirc.

For some reason, I do not see it being rushed, probably because this is essentially the 5th Spidey film and I am just tired of waiting especially with how bad SM3 was. :lol:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to be interesting to see how Pete will stand up to these villains as it seems he can easily be overpowered. And I know it's not the same continuity, but we all saw him get his ass kicked by Sandman and Venom in S3. I hope we get to see some form of the insulated suit he wore against Electro in the 90s comics.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sony mentioned that they have been working closely with Marvel and I know this will be far fetch but imagine if towards the end Stark makes an appearance and gives him the Iron Spidey suit and then teams up!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads