1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Has nobody else noticed the gigantic web shooters? They're great to have in filming, but don't advertise them in a costume. Ew.

You're not alone, I've complained about it in the beginning of the thread.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Has nobody else noticed the gigantic web shooters? They're great to have in filming, but don't advertise them in a costume. Ew.

I'm so happy they ditched the organic web shooter crap that they could be the size of bowling balls for all I care. [​IMG]

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

The mechanical web shooters are about the only thing I like about that costume. Blah.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Mechanical web shooters lead to marketing and toy production. Big thing this christmas - the Spidey web-shooter, where you plug in the cartridge and spray a silly-string equivalent. Brilliant.[​IMG]

5. Jr Mouse

Mechanical web shooters lead to marketing and toy production. Big thing this christmas - the Spidey web-shooter, where you plug in the cartridge and spray a silly-string equivalent. Brilliant.[​IMG]

He always had mechanical web shooters till the first film came out. Then Marvel thought it was a brilliant idea to bring the organic ones to the comics because of the films. I believe he is now back to the mechanical ones in the comics post the whole deal with the devil reboot thing.

Marvel has a bad tendency to bring movie changes to the comics. They did the same thing with Logan's claws for a while in where they poped out. That too has gone back to the original look.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Marvel has a bad tendency to bring movie changes to the comics. They did the same thing with Logan's claws for a while in where they poped out. That too has gone back to the original look.

Wait. Are you talking about Magneto stripping the adamantium off him?

7. Jr Mouse

Wait. Are you talking about Magneto stripping the adamantium off him?

No. In the movies Logan has poped his claws out between his knuckles. In the comics, they traditionally come out from spots on the top of his hand above the knuckles. Sure it's a small change, but Marvel brought it to the comics for a while after the films came out.

8. Neo_Version 7

^ Oh, I see. I actually never noticed until you brought it up. Now, that I think about it though, I much prefer the traditional comic approach to his claws.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah, in the comics, his claws comes out on the back of his hand instead of the knuckles but in the end it isn't a big deal at all. It's not that big of a change like going from organic to mechanical web-shooters.

10. Neo_Version 7

You know speaking of Wolverine, there's a scene in X2 where he gets shot in the head with what I can assume are regular 9mm slugs. Why did that render him unconscious? His whole skeleton is adamantium, right?

11. Jr Mouse

^ Oh, I see. I actually never noticed until you brought it up. Now, that I think about it though, I much prefer the traditional comic approach to his claws.
    I only noticed it because it drove a good friend of mine nuts. It really was a small change. I'm trying to remember if the leather uniforms in the comics that the Xmen had were a direct result if the movies or not. I believe they were. Glad they went back to real costumes. [​IMG] DC has typically done a better job of letting the movie versions of their characters stand alone. One of the few exceptions being the Joker recently getting a smile cut into his face.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You know speaking of Wolverine, there's a scene in X2 where he gets shot in the head with what I can assume are regular 9mm slugs. Why did that render him unconscious? His whole skeleton is adamantium, right?

Being unconscious usually has something to do with the impact of the hit, kind of like a boxer hitting someone in the head, the impact of the brain in the skull works like a whiplash and that is what usually knocks someone out. So it has no bearing on a bullet hitting his skull, it is more about the impact.

13. Neo_Version 7

I only noticed it because it drove a good friend of mine nuts. It really was a small change. I'm trying to remember if the leather uniforms in the comics that the Xmen had were a direct result if the movies or not. I believe they were. Glad they went back to real costumes. [​IMG]

DC has typically done a better job of letting the movie versions of their characters stand alone. One of the few exceptions being the Joker recently getting a smile cut into his face.

I have a lot of respect for the traditional costumes but props to Singer for making the leather get-ups work within the context of the film.

And have you read the graphic novel Joker? One of my favourites and was conceived before The Dark Knight if I'm not mistaken.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Spideys villain hint...

15. Jr Mouse

I have a lot of respect for the traditional costumes but props to Singer for making the leather get-ups work within the context of the film.

And have you read the graphic novel Joker? One of my favourites and was conceived before The Dark Knight if I'm not mistaken.

I did and I am fairly sure it came out after the look of the movie Joker was known.

Props to DC for not retconing the joker into wearing white facepaint instead of it being his skin color. It's something I bet Marvel would have done. [​IMG]

16. Jr Mouse

Spideys villain hint...

Weird. I thought it was confirmed to be Lizard???

17. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I believe he is now back to the mechanical ones in the comics post the whole deal with the devil reboot thing.

This is why I stopped reading Spider-Man. I was just getting back into it when they changed him, gave him some new powers/strengths. I was pumped because I felt while he didn't need an update, it opened up new opportunities and was a fun change. Then Marvel was like "Nahhh... jokes!" and changes him back. Major piss off....

What was the difference between the movie and comics?

18. Jr Mouse

This is why I stopped reading Spider-Man. I was just getting back into it when they changed him, gave him some new powers/strengths. I was pumped because I felt while he didn't need an update, it opened up new opportunities and was a fun change. Then Marvel was like "Nahhh... jokes!" and changes him back. Major piss off....
    The vast majority of Spidey fans hated all the new powers and changes they kept making to the character. I think Marvel finally got the message and decided they had to reboot him back to his old self. Of course they took it too far and decided it was a good idea to get rid of his marriage. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    What was the difference between the movie and comics?
    See comments above.

19. Jr Mouse

Here's a fun fact for all of you. There is a missing Spider-baby that Marvel seems to have forgot. Sure the retcon of the marriage would make it a non-issue, but it always drove me mad that Marvel never did anything with that.

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Is anybody reading the current iteration of Amazing Spidey? Is it any good? I don't know what the fuck they've been up to with all the different story lines and EVENTS.