• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's your Rhino before he gets the suit.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Easily the best Spidey suit thus far

I think it might be one of the best superhero movie costumes to date. He looks like he was ripped straight from the comics. And these are just set photos! Wait until we see it on film, with color correction and effects put in.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Costume is perfect. Too bad the movie will likely blow.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-CGI Rhino, really intrigued how this will look on the big screen.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed the movie though it was slow at times. I was thrown off with the intro of Gwen and got the impression the director reinterpreted MJ. A quick Google afterwards gave me the back story.

Like others have said, I really enjoyed the roles each actor/actress played as well as the chemistry. The choice of actor for Spider-Man is way better than Tobey Macguire. I remember watching SM3 with friends and everyone had a "WTF" moment during the Venom transformation / EMO Peter Parker

However, with all these superhero movies nowadays IMO Spider-Man has to be the weakest, or maybe the movies in general have been done poorly in comparison. I feel like every remake is just stuck at the beginning and retelling the origin. SM2/3 do not count because I really did not enjoy them thinking back. The Goblin was an okay villain.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SM2 is hands down one of the best comic book films out there though and Raimis SM1 is a very solid film. SM3 is where it all fell apart, Venom was really forced and Topher as Brock is just terrible casting.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never really understood Spider-Man. So, could he take a punch from Superman, or do their universes never collide?

I should rewatch SM1/2, been awhile.

This Rhino character seems interesting.

edit:
Metal Gear! (that contraption) reminds me of Rex

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really hard to explain everything Spiderman in a few sentences, better to just wiki it if you have some time to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man

And yes, Spiderman and Superman aren't from the same universe or company. Spiderman is Marvel while Superman is DC Comics. And in essence, everyone could take a punch from Superman because he always holds back even against villains. If he doesn't, he'd likely knock the head off 99% of the villains he punches.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:rotflmao: :lol:

They need to re-cast her too.

Mary Jane Won't Appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Role Pushed to Third Film

Some of the first images to come from the set of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 set were of actress Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson, and now it appears that footage won't be seen in the upcoming sequel. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly (thanks to SHH user 'fuflipflops'), Woodley confirmed that her character will be cut out of the second movie and won't appear until the third film in the series.

"Of course I'm bummed," said the actress. "But I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason....based on the proposed plot, I completely understand holding off on introducing (Mary Jane) until the next film."

Also....

Is Felicity Jones Playing Felicia Hardy in The Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Way back in January it was reported that actress Felicity Jones was in talks to join The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in an undisclosed role. Well, the cat might be out of the bag. Bleeding Cool stumbled upon an interview with the actress in which she seemingly confirms that she will be playing Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat, in the upcoming film.

When asked if she was looking forward to everyone seeing her as Black Cat in the film, Jones replied: "Uhm, Well.....possibly, I don't know. Yeah, If that happens that would be wonderful."

Though not a definitive "Yes," Jones' answer to the question would lead one to believe that she will play Felicia Hardy in the film and could return as Black Cat in future movies (which were dated for a 2016 and 2018 release yesterday).

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love Felicity Jones. Hope she is in the movie.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now she would make a good MJ!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads