The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

2. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

If it´s not radioactive, how the hell does he gets his power?? Alien spider??

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn you Michael Bay!!!!

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

repeated for posterity's sake

:fu:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

And this confirms I will not be seeing this guaranteed worthless movie.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Why do they keep retreading origin stories like this? Everyone knows them. Move on. Screen time is too valuable to waste.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well this one is supposedly to be completely "different". With his parents being scientist and actually being involved in a bigger scheme and such. I'll be seeing it for sure and see what happens. I really like Webbs 500 Days of Summer, one of my favorite films in 2009, so I'll wait to see how he does with a big budget film before making and judgement.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ but they could also just "continue" with the tobey maguire storyline, improved on it, introduced new villains, splice in the "parents' mystery past", etc.. without having to go through another hour of watching a guy deal with a spider bite

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I can understand where they are coming from. Plus this way, they can make more movies from the beginning. Keep in mind, Sony has to keep making SM movies or else the rights go back to Marvel. It's a cash cow to them and as long as the story is different enough, I think it'll be fine. As you can see, he doesn't have organic web shooters this time around and the snippet of him learning his powers will likely be short anyways. I'll start complaining more about the film if it actually sucks.

10. Jr Mouse

But you can reboot the franchise without retelling the origin. It's a waste of screen time as everyone already knows it. Move on and get to the more interesting stuff.

We don't need to see the spider bite or Parker learning how to use his powers AGAIN.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

So you just say what acidboy says?

Trust me, i am with you guys but if the story is good enough and it is somewhat different, then it should be fine. Maybe he gets bitten somewhere else and as said, the spider won't be radioactive. The makers wanted to make Parker back in high school again, you can't continue with that in mind after the first 3 films, it won't make sense. Then there Gwen Stacy, which was already introduced in the 3rd film as some he met when he was much older, while in this film they are both in high school. These are simple things that can't simply be brushed off and re-introduced via flashback recap.

All I'm saying is give the movie a chance and afterwards you still feel the same way then by all means, continue the complaints.

12. Jr Mouse

No, I'm not saying continue the Tobey movies. Make it a full reboot. That way you can use Norman, Doc Oct and so on again. Even have Parker be young once more so he's in high school. Just don't waste screen time showing us how he got his powers and learned to use them again. Don't show us how he came up with his costume either. It's annoying that Hollywood feels they have to rehash this stuff over and over. The public knows it. Move on.

I swear to God if I have to sit through seeing Superman's planet explode and being raised by the Kent's, in the next film, I am gonna cut myself.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

But his new origins seems to tie in with his parents this time. That will likely play a bigger role in this film and the following sequels. You saw the preview/trailer where Connors seems to know Parkers parents as well? So it is different. he isn't just trying to figure out how to crawl on walls but he is building a web shooter (and looks like he uses it differently too) while trying to figure out how it connects to his parents. Before seeing these things in the trailer, I was with you guys but if it's different enough and well made/written then it shouldn't be problem.

As for the Superman film, I don't think they'll do that but to be honest, I'd love to see Snyders take on planet Krypton. Snyder is also good in the cgi and action department so all in all, that planet explosion could be epic. As for him growing up and learning his powers, i think it'll be just like Returns when there is just a flashback montage of sorts. They did cast a young Clark Kent so there will surely be a scene of him figuring out his powers.

14. Jr Mouse

That's my hope, to be honest.

We also know that they have filmed scenes on Krypton, but those could be mainly focused on the villain's origins.

15. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member