1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Fuck mechanical web-shooters.

2. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

I was actually a fan of the organic ones, and the organic ones he developed in the comics a few years ago. But if we're forced to have mechanical one, they might as well be nice ones.

At least with the web being organic, he was had some connection to spiders. As it is, he's closer to an ant. Strong for size, can stick to things, and can run/dodge fast. Boom. He's ant-man.

3. Neo_Version 7

I mean, yes. I grew up with web-shooters too and all of your points are legitimate, LR. But sometime during the release of Spider-Man back in 2002, it hit me. It seriously does make more sense for his webbing to be organic. Peter is a bright boy, I'll give him that. But it really is stretching the imagination (mine at least) for him to have developed titanium fluid stuff that can withstand 2 tons yet disintegrate in an hour. It would make more sense if Reed Richards developed it because he's actually a legit genius.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  4. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

It makes more sense, but Parker is a genius. Some of the fan-boy backlash over the organic shooters was aimed at this aspect. He is suppose to this mish-mash of street-level hero and minor genius. The organic shooters deprived him of an outlet to showcase his genius.

5. Neo_Version 7

I've never really considered Peter's intellect to rival that of Dr. Droom, Reed, or Stark's. By the way, mech web-shooters seem like an invention the latter three could come up with in their sleep. I don't mean to put down Peter's smarts . He did get around to making an awesome costume that works well with his abilities. And the guy is a born leader. Strategically speaking, he's up there with Steve Rogers and Magneto.

6. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

In the world of genius', he's small fry. But he's still a genius. He can't keep up with Richards, but he can understand him. He can't make an Iron Man suit, but he can hack it.

7. Neo_Version 7

Don't remind me. My least favourite part of the masterpiece Civil War.

8. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Which part? The suit itself, or the lovely "Password: Surprise!" (I think it was that...)

9. Neo_Version 7

Lalalala. Not listening....

But seriously, Iron Spidey suit wasn't that bad.

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

hmmm.... it'd be interesting to see rhys ifans do a comic book villain role.

and emma stone as gwen stacy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> snugglepuss as mary jane watson

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm getting reports that a trailer will be coming up soon, as soon as next week.

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Those should have been hightop Dunks, lol.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Teaser trailer is out there somewhere. Will post if I find one that isn't being nuked.

15. embowafa

embowafa Senior member