• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
ROM the Space Knight. It was a comic book. Man I'm old.

Oh, I remember ROM. I never read him, though. I have a deep-seated fear of anything space-related.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When did this place become OldPeopleForum? Not even our comics are safe.
cold[1].gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let me sum up the last 11 pages for newcomers to this thread. "Spiderman blows".

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jc8p2.jpg

This Week's Cover: 'The Amazing Spider-Man' -- plus, our annual Comic-Con preview!

Spidey’s back! Well, almost. The Amazing Spider-Man doesn’t hit theaters for another year, but in anticipation of next week’s Comic-Con (July 21-24 in San Diego) we’ve got first looks at and inside scoops about the webslinger’s highly anticipated return — including interviews with stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone and with director Marc Webb. EW can also exclusively confirm that Rhys Ifans will be playing Doc Conners, who, in an experiment gone wrong, transforms into one of Spider-Man’s most formidable foes ever, the Lizard.

Four years after Spider-Man 3, starring Tobey Maguire, The Amazing Spider-Man promises to be a “more contemporary,” “more gritty,” and “more character-driven” look at the comic book hero. He’s a hero the 27-year-old Garfield knows well. Growing up, “I related to Peter Parker [Spidey’s alter ego] so much because I felt like someone else inside,” he says. “I loved the comic books and the animated TV series and I even dressed up as Spider-Man as a kid.”

Adds Webb: “Ultimately what this movie is about is a kid who grows up looking for his father and finds himself. And that’s a Spider-Man story we haven’t seen before.”

via EW

Still kind of awkward (Katniss cover was better) but Andrew Garfield is growing on me.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
whats with the cheap wolverine hairdo?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
XQA33.jpg

Eyes are way too small I think....

More photos here.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Silver booties were real after all.

Costume looks terrible, like it was made from basketballs. Garfield looks closer to 35 than 15. Plus he has old-man hands in the closeup pic.

The web shooters are kinda cool but the rest looks pretty feeble. Stale 'n' musty. The pic of Spidey crouching looks like it was taken behind a prop wall on a 1970s TV production.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My favourite picture is the one where he is hanging upside down in the metro -- note he is not wearing the costume. :\

Emma Stone is wrong for so many reasons.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Better pic of the web shooters.
Rfl07.jpg

The Lizard! Can't wait to see how they made him look int he film.
31rCY.jpg

And Stone as Stacy actually looks pretty good.
JGb2s.jpg

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Silver booties were real after all.

Costume looks terrible, like it was made from basketballs. Garfield looks closer to 35 than 15. Plus he has old-man hands in the closeup pic.

The web shooters are kinda cool but the rest looks pretty feeble. Stale 'n' musty. The pic of Spidey crouching looks like it was taken behind a prop wall on a 1970s TV production.

Booties/Costume look ok to me. Not great, but I'm glad they took it in a different direction rather than simply copying the previous trilogy. (It's still absurd they're starting over.)

Web shooters are very nice, and I'll agree on the 70's TV feel on a shot or two.

I don't like the actors face/hair. He doesn't look like Peter Parker.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be fair it is supposed to be Ultimate Spider-Man and Garfield looks ok, not perfect, as Ultimates Peter Parker.
aMCd8.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads