The Amazing Blazer Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

The yellow tie makes the whole outfit gay gay gay.

2. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

What I hate is when rookies like this guy get their MTM shirts so badly fitted that not only do they ride up the arm, but they don't even come back down when the arm is lowered.

[​IMG]

He also forgot to stuff his pocket with tissue first, so his pocket square wouldn`t change position and sink.

3. A Y

A Y Senior member

I'm curious what people think about a blazer suit with brass buttons. Being unable to decide between a DB and SB navy sportcoat, and inspired by this thread, I'm thinking of a 3-piece suit: DB, SB, and pants.

--Andre

4. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I'm curious what people think about a blazer suit with brass buttons. Being unable to decide between a DB and SB navy sportcoat, and inspired by this thread, I'm thinking of a 3-piece suit: DB, SB, and pants.

--Andre

I would never get a blazer suit with brass buttons. A blazer, yes. But I got this to be a "non-blazer blazer". It fills the same airspace, but does not look quite as predictable, common, cliched, or whatever.

5. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

I would never get a blazer suit with brass buttons. A blazer, yes. But I got this to be a "non-blazer blazer". It fills the same airspace, but does not look quite as predictable, common, cliched, or whatever.
    I thought the point of CBD was to be predictable and common.

6. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I notice that this coat is shorter than your other coats displayed on the WAYWT thread. Was that done on purpose to help the transition from blazer to suit jacket? Btw, I like this slightly shorter lenght on you.

7. Manton

I thought the point of CBD was to be predictable and common.

Yes, and this suit is not 100% CBD. When I absolutely must dress CBD, I wear solid gray with flapped pockets.

8. RJman

Yes, and this suit is not 100% CBD. When I absolutely must dress CBD, I wear solid gray with flapped pockets.

But... I thought you were the Pythia of CBD?

9. Manton

I notice that this coat is shorter than your other coats displayed on the WAYWT thread. Was that done on purpose to help the transition from blazer to suit jacket? Btw, I like this slightly shorter lenght on you.

I just let him make what he wants. No special requests. I measured it and it measures in at the same length, or close, to all my coats: 34" along the center backseam (33.5" for DB). Maybe one or two are 34.25, but none are longer than that.

10. Manton

CBD is a tool. Use it when you need it. Don't use it when you don't need it. But anyone who does not understand CBD does not know how to dress.

11. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

So you're saying that 90% of what he says is incomprehensible gibberish? [​IMG] A bit rough...

12. RJman

So you're saying that 90% of what he says is incomprehensible gibberish? [​IMG] A bit rough...

Finally someone who understands me.

13. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

Personally, I've found I just can't get past the concept of wearing suit jackets as odd jackets, even when they're in fabrics where would actually work reasonably well as such. I think I have a obsessive mental block on splitting up a suit like that.
    Think of it that way: in a suit the pants are usually the part that wears out first. By getting some use in the suit jacket as an odd jacket, you bring the two parts of the suit to the same level.

OK, I admit, that rationalisation was pretty bad.

14. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Jesus Christ, can we try to remember that we are dealing with CLOTH? When you raise your arms, cloth slips down. I am not going to staple my shirt cuffs to my skin just to avoid dumbass comments from SF know-it-alls.

If you're going to go to all the trouble to take self-photos and post you could at least tape your shirt sleeves in place.

15. RJman

If you're goping to go to all the trouble to take self-photos and post you could at least tape your shirt sleeves in place.

Perhaps they would show better if he adopted the patented David Bresch Action Figure (with Kung Fu grip) position.