1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Amazing Blazer Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Manton

Manton Senior member

Behold! The most versatile garment ever conceived. The amazing, electrified, patented BlazerSuit (TM).

10 ounce fresco: about the most versatile cloth there is. Too hot for the real roaster days, but great for anything else. Hard wearing and a good traveller.

3 roll 2, 3 open patch pockets, swelled edges, brown horn buttons. Avoids the ubiquity of brass buttons. Horn makes the coat wearable as part of a suit. Brown makes it wearable as an odd jacket. Patch pockets and swelled edges dress it down a little further, but not so much that it does not work as a suit. Not a dinner party suit, maybe not even a Big Meeting suit, but wearable in almost any other circumstance.

This one suit is great for travel. You can wear the jacket on the plane with chinos. Wear the suit for business and for evenings out. Bring decent odd trousers for social events. Cut your packing time in half!

CBD, with a worker bee red tie and black belt (& shoes):

[​IMG]

Slightly more elegant: wine tie and brown belt (& shoes):

[​IMG]

Swap out matching trousers for light gray (and tan belt & shoes) and you get CSD (Conservative Social Dress):

[​IMG]

Yellow tie, tan belt & shoes: spring summer business attire when strict attention to CBD is not required:

[​IMG]

Swap in cream gab trousers and you are ready for the yacht club:

[​IMG]

The classic California Tux configuration: blazer, khakis, BD shirt, sock tie:

[​IMG]

All are welcome to copy The Amazing BlazerSuit (TM), but royalities on the intellectual property are payable to me via PM.

3 people like this.
  2. vitaminc

vitaminc Senior member

3. merkur

merkur Senior member

4. Manton

Manton Senior member

Are horn buttons CBD?

Yes, but more importantly they are a sign of Quality. Ask maclovin.

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i love the lapels. yuck to everything else.

manton, i think i've mentioned this before, but it looks sloppy the way your shirt cuffs fall so low when you raise your arms. the way it looks in the last picture is the way they should all look. either you are getting your sleeves too short or your cuffs too large.

6. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

If you know someone at BB, this could be a great marketing idea. Heck they could even use the model in the above pics. The sassy snarkiness gets acceptably diminished in still pics.

Best of luck.

7. kngrimm

kngrimm Senior member

work on the shitty buttons on your shirt =p

8. Manton

Manton Senior member

i love the lapels. yuck to everything else.

manton, i think i've mentioned this before, but it looks sloppy the way your shirt cuffs fall so low when you raise your arms. the way it looks in the last picture is the way they should all look. either you are getting your sleeves too short or your cuffs too large.

WTF are you talking about?

9. Manton

Manton Senior member

work on the shitty buttons on your shirt =p

MOP. Not the best MOP, but good enough for me.

10. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

It brings to mind Sator's charcoal three piece suit with spare striped trousers. A fellow could have quite an efficient wardrobe.

(I also like the lapels.)

Is the licensing fee reduced if one has flaps on the hip pockets?

11. matadorpoeta

WTF are you talking about?

you know what i'm talkin' 'bout. look at where your shirt cuff sits on the last picture and compare that with the rest.

12. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

How does it look with one of the fabulous Mercer OCBDs?

Good for plane?

13. tlmusic

tlmusic Senior member

Thank you for the pictures! Normally I fear the navy blazer, but it looks good in these contexts.

14. Manton

Manton Senior member

you know what i'm talkin' 'bout. look at where your shirt cuff sits on the last picture and compare that with the rest.

Those shirts are made by the same maker, to the exact same measurements.

Jesus Christ, can we try to remember that we are dealing with CLOTH? When you raise your arms, cloth slips down. I am not going to staple my shirt cuffs to my skin just to avoid dumbass comments from SF know-it-alls.

4 people like this.
  15. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

16. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

A lott of asians have done that for ages, they even like gold blazer buttons on their blue suit. Just so they can use it as a propper blazer. But the fabric & drape on this is nice [​IMG]

17. matadorpoeta

Those shirts are made by the same maker, to the exact same measurements.

Jesus Christ, can we try to remember that we are dealing with CLOTH? When you raise your arms, cloth slips down. I am not going to staple my shirt cuffs to my skin just to avoid dumbass comments from SF know-it-alls.

don't take my comments as an attack. i'm just curious why someone with as much knowledge as you overlooks such an important detail. it is not elegant. it looks sloppy and you know it.

part of the whole point of having a shirt custom made is to have the length of the sleeve and the circumference of your shirt cuffs relate to your wrists in such a way as to avoid the cuff slipping down when the arm is raised.

18. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

don't take my comments as an attack. i'm just curious why someone with as much knowledge as you overlooks such an important detail.

...because its not an important detail.

Dude. pretty easy to take that one as an attack.

19. Manton

Manton Senior member

matador:

Have you heard of this thing called gravity? It pulls things with mass down, toward the earth. Hence when I raise my arm, the sleeve slips down. I guess it does not effect you, something which I surmise is probably a mixed blessing.

All my shirts have the same sleeve length and the same cuff diameter. The one you praised is identical to the one you bashed.

But this is the Internet, and every photo must show a person's clothes to 100% perfection, or else obviously something is terribly wrong. [​IMG]

20. RJman

RJman Senior member

Given that matadorpoeta used to have the sig "Michael Jackson is innocent" during Jacko's latest trial, can we agree that he likes to be a bit of an agent provocateur... or a picador, rather than a matador?