• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vestbash

Reaction score
Possibly faded, though it starts to go brown.
Here's an example of the transition between black/grey/brown occuring on some seriously sun faded Vibergs (in sun for like 5 years at a shop he said I think)

Pics?

The shoes in question are brand new from one of the recent MTO events.

vestbash

Reaction score
"Silver-y" Dalton on left, black shell tassels on the right.

86626687-c4bb-466f-be87-4007e90a3824.JPG 8AAE4B2C-7A36-4A1A-858B-86B904526F86.JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I got around to posting these but was over the moon when I received them. It was around the time of the job debacle. TS 2019.1 back when bourbon shell was the exclusive and rare(r) shell choice for AE; that is until 2019.2 dropped more bourbon in our laps.

Still haven't had their maiden voyage but the time is coming!!

Bourbon shell Strand (king) on a single JR with a translucent brown edge - the only option for TS 2019.1. A bit of burnishing on the toes which I'll probably try to remove. Some nice color variation with the heel piece; the color is phenomenal and gets me close to my grail color, natty.

Enough talking:

DSC00146.JPG
DSC00147.JPG
DSC00148.JPG
DSC00149.JPG
DSC00150.JPG
DSC00153.JPG

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed these for the RDA sale and did a sole-change to JR for my nubuck Strandmoks - very happy with these! I took them to Charleston for the Thanksgiving week along with some boots, but the boots never made it out of my bag!
Q7pYzZB.jpg

cecTNpQ.jpg

mnqf50w.jpg

The JR swap comes at the standard $40 fee, but requires you to go through an SA. They might not know about the process yet, so if they balk just ask them to check.

Looking forward to making these patina-machines!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I grabbed these for the RDA sale and did a sole-change to JR for my nubuck Strandmoks - very happy with these! I took them to Charleston for the Thanksgiving week along with some boots, but the boots never made it out of my bag!
Q7pYzZB.jpg

cecTNpQ.jpg

mnqf50w.jpg

The JR swap comes at the standard $40 fee, but requires you to go through an SA. They might not know about the process yet, so if they balk just ask them to check.

Those are pretty cool and a great addition with the JR soles!

-Mike

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Q7pYzZB.jpg

cecTNpQ.jpg

mnqf50w.jpg

Well, since these are technically MTO... here's my variation in yours
Hamiltons with JR sole change
20191026_142028.jpg
20191027_101534.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads