• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work through Kristen. We couldn't get it approved. They won't do unlined shell anymore, so that's the big one. I think there may have been a reluctance to use the MD patterns, and they'd have to create a liner pattern too since no unlined shell. MassDrop might have the pull to talk them into a lined version, but even a GMTO (much less a single MTO) I don't think is going to talk them into creating extra patterns. We could push MD to try, but I suspect there's not enough interest through MD considering the cost of shell.

Me too. I've heard similar rumblings, but it is still going to be a waiting game for a while I suspect. Plus, if word gets out they'll be flooded. Hence me working with Rancourt currently on an MTO.

Since you're talking about unlined AE shell, I have some photos to make us moan and groan over the loss of the beloved MTO program :censored:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my beloved boots! Enjoy! Unlined Walnut Shell Cordovan, courtesy of AE. :inlove:

The first few photos are inside and the last couple are outside with natural light. The walnut is notoriously difficult to photograph it seems. They are gorgeous and look different with different lighting. Also tried to get you inside the boot to see the Horween stamps and the unlined tongue. They’re incredible. You can even see through the perforations as well. The tongue is one solid piece of shell, which is not done on any other shell Dalton I've seen. They make them with multiple pieces of shell these days.

Major props to the hands that made them.
Huge image drop coming.... I can make them spoilers next time if people hate what I've done with this post.

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my beloved boots! Enjoy! Unlined Walnut Shell Cordovan, courtesy of AE. :inlove:

The first few photos are inside and the last couple are outside with natural light. The walnut is notoriously difficult to photograph it seems. They are gorgeous and look different with different lighting. Also tried to get you inside the boot to see the Horween stamps and the unlined tongue. They’re incredible. You can even see through the perforations as well. The tongue is one solid piece of shell, which is not done on any other shell Dalton I've seen. They make them with multiple pieces of shell these days.

Huge image drop coming.... I can make them spoilers next time if people hate what I've done with this post.

View attachment 1033424

View attachment 1033425

View attachment 1033426

View attachment 1033427

View attachment 1033428

View attachment 1033430

View attachment 1033431

View attachment 1033432

View attachment 1033433

View attachment 1033434

View attachment 1033435
Absolutely stunning!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1033424

View attachment 1033425

View attachment 1033426

View attachment 1033427

View attachment 1033428

View attachment 1033430

View attachment 1033431

View attachment 1033432

View attachment 1033433

View attachment 1033434

View attachment 1033435
Very nice! No spoiler; these are AE MTOs and this thread is intended to highlight them!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1033424

View attachment 1033425

View attachment 1033426

View attachment 1033427

View attachment 1033428

View attachment 1033430

View attachment 1033431

View attachment 1033432

View attachment 1033433

View attachment 1033434

View attachment 1033435

So good.

SO good.

so GOOD.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, if anyone is a 12D, Brookfield, WI has one of my old special MTO Fifth Avenue seconds... :p

If anyone wants them, they had them a couple of days ago!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to posting these beauties as I promised. Another great MTO I haven't seen anyone else have, but I think at least one member has one. Unfortunately I didn't get to spec them out, but they're rare, beautiful, and finally mine. Not sure why they were not wanted... So I picked them up in the secondary market. :cheers: Looks like they were worn once. Just hit them with some VSC, they're ready to roll.

Natty shell Cambridge with JR double sole
Regular insole/lining
Lighter/antiqued heel stack and welt.

Gorgeous shoe that I can't wait to wear and age them.
I think the Cambridge and the Strand vie for the best style to showcase shell and its glorious luster, whereas the PTB showcases its rolls. Enjoy.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to posting these beauties as I promised. Another great MTO I haven't seen anyone else have, but I think at least one member has one. Unfortunately I didn't get to spec them out, but they're rare, beautiful, and finally mine. Not sure why they were not wanted... So I picked them up in the secondary market. :cheers: Looks like they were worn once. Just hit them with some VSC, they're ready to roll.

Natty shell Cambridge with JR double sole
Regular insole/lining
Lighter/antiqued heel stack and welt.

Gorgeous shoe that I can't wait to wear and age them.
I think the Cambridge and the Strand vie for the best style to showcase shell and its glorious luster, whereas the PTB showcases its rolls. Enjoy.

View attachment 1042410

View attachment 1042411

View attachment 1042412

View attachment 1042413

View attachment 1042414

View attachment 1042415
Beauties!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sterlingindigo, thank you. They're extremely special to me. I've been after a natty shell pair for a long time. Haven't been in the shoe game long, but my collection isn't something to scoff at. :p:bigstar:

The shoe I REALLY want, is the Strand in natty. I sold off my walnut strands since I couldn't stand to look at them compared to natty shell. :crackup:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sterlingindigo, thank you. They're extremely special to me. I've been after a natty shell pair for a long time. Haven't been in the shoe game long, but my collection isn't something to scoff at. :p:bigstar:

The shoe I REALLY want, is the Strand in natty. I sold off my walnut strands since I couldn't stand to look at them compared to natty shell. :crackup:
I would venture to say that there are way more natty strands out there than natty Cambridge’s. Nice score!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would venture to say that there are way more natty strands out there than natty Cambridge’s. Nice score!

I think you're right. The Strand seems to be a shell favorite. Like I said, I think I have seen only one other member mention their Cambridge but never seen one in Natty. I've seen a Cambridge in brown shell.

If anyone's got one in natty, let's see it! Would love to see the aging on the shoe.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you're right. The Strand seems to be a shell favorite. Like I said, I think I have seen only one other member mention their Cambridge but never seen one in Natty. I've seen a Cambridge in brown shell.

If anyone's got one in natty, let's see it! Would love to see the aging on the shoe.
@jet-stream is always good for a few natty Strand photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads