1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

One great thing about the GMTO HMs is they were paid last year (like the eventually coming natty Stirlings). I have not come close to a shoe/boot order in 2018.

Beware: Weasel rationalizing purchases above...

They are pretty unwilling to do past models and clearance items anymore. And have refused me on unlined shell more than once. Still, a black shell Dalton could gain traction even within current rules.

2. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

3. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

4. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

And couple more:

AFE6C7A2-3A32-4BA7-B85B-2B67E8150208.jpeg

135AE65B-0B35-4C06-80EE-63BF8EB5108B.jpeg

5. aero25

aero25 Distinguished Member

OK... Ready for my shipping notice. I haven't hit refresh on my inbox a dozen times today. Nope, not me. Nope, these pictures definitely didn't make me more anxious to receive them. Nope. Definitely not.
    Omg, WHERE IS MY SHIPPING NOTICE!?

Those look awesome!!! Congrats!

6. BagleyBrown

Thank you for posting. Any issues with them? They look spectacular.

7. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

They look perfect. Also very comfortable

8. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

9. BagleyBrown

Agree with your impatience. And I expected to wait until mid Feb since things were backed up but the moment this morning I saw this...I am drooling.

Mine were made with a flat welt; I have 3 other brown shell AE boots with storm welt, so it was worth asking. Possibly their kindness was in consideration that I had bought a few brown shell boots before.

10. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

Wow. I'm really interested to see your pair

11. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Senior Member

Haven't received my GMTO shell HM's yet, but I have the brown and the natural (could not resist when they went on sale for $209 at Nordstrom, and boy am I glad I didn't -- they're fantastic.) The natural seems to have a little more room. Both are CXL. Might be the lacing, or maybe fit just varies a little from shoe to shoe. Will let everyone know how the GMTO HM's fit in comparison to the other two.

12. aero25

Ha, I'm just having fun. I swear, I'm a real adult capable of waiting patiently.
    I'll be really interested in seeing your boots with the tweaked makeup. Should be good!

13. aero25

In a last minute change of heart, I placed my order to have the translucent lug. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out well. After seeing the photos above and how great it looks, I'm a little nervous.

14. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Senior Member

Same here! I also ordered translucent lug. Asked for a shell tongue, too, but not sure if they'll do that. I have been having second thoughts about declining the Danite sole too but I'm sure the lugs will look great -- AE never disappoints.