• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...or this:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I guess from outside the US it's still worth trying by email?

Can anyone tell me the prices for this event?

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took the plunge Friday. Returned Dundee's from the recent sale, and had a long talk with the store manager. Going in my thinking had these custom shell's as option 3, after a direct replacement of the Dundee, or switching to 1st Avenues.

Decided on The Cornwallis in Natty with Natty Welt. Gotta say I'm stoked! Once they're in, will post pix?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Took the plunge Friday. Returned Dundee's from the recent sale, and had a long talk with the store manager. Going in my thinking had these custom shell's as option 3, after a direct replacement of the Dundee, or switching to 1st Avenues.

Decided on The Cornwallis in Natty with Natty Welt. Gotta say I'm stoked! Once they're in, will post pix?

I ordered the same exact pair this week.
1f44d-1f3ff.png

Cannot wait to see pics of these!

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's gonna be hot.

xxxRacer

Reaction score
Well I emailed and asked if I could order 9, 7, or 5 pairs depending upon what they have available. This would finish up my AE shell "collection" quiet nicely. I've got the Dalton in black, brown, and burgundy. The Macneil in black and burgundy, the Park Avenue in Natural and black, Leeds in black and burgundy, MacGregor in brown, Cambridge in black and burgundy, Bradley in black and burgundy, Moria in black, and then I have some Crocket and Jones shells Vass shells, and Alden shells. AE fits me the best even though the Vass and Alden seem to be better made and are "prettier" shoes. My goal is to have 45 pairs of shell, 6 alligator (need one cognac/ red to finish), a couple of sharkskin, and then a few pair of leather dress shoes I can wear when it rains.
What I asked to order is the Park Avenue in brown, the St. John, with no brouge in brown and burgundy, the MacNeil in brown and natural with the natural done in an austerity brogue, And if they can do the Cornwallis without brouging the toe I'll order at least two of those as well.

And of course ALL with the double sole.

***On a side note it would be helpful if when placing a special order we asked for the premium boxes like they use for the Independence Collection. It's a much better box and for +600 plus shoes we should get a longer lasting box than the one they provide.*** So if you have already ordered please shoot them an email and ask for a better box. Your shoes will thank you for it.***

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah! in the world of shoe boxes, even the standard AE boxes are not bad. Alden's are the shittiest ever, and waaaaay too small. Enzo Bonafe's aren't that good either. Vass is pretty good, but if you order a tall boot in a size over 43 then they have to send you two small boxes with a boot in each box instead of a large boot box.

But yeah, the Indy boxes are actually the nicest out there. Nicer than Lobb, Carmina, or EG.

xxxRacer

Reaction score

We can ask for the independence box in for the Cordovan orders?
You. No we can't. YET. But if we keep emailing and asking they will. I've priced the boxes. At MOST they are .75 a box IF they order in small numbers. Just by giving us MTO and Recrafting people the option they could charge 5 to 10 for a box and personalized label "upgrade" and I would gladly pay it. AE would make money, we would get premium boxes for our premium shoes (which we should anyway) and everybody is happy. Nothing worse than opening my AE UPS box and finding an already busted shoe box. Diminishes the customer experience and this would fix that problem for those of us who care.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
indy boxes end up in recycling just as nice as regular boxes...:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads