The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Yea, mine's doing the same thing on a pair of Dundee's, I take it the top side of the stitching is pulling out and up as well? Gonna take them by a retail store today hopefully.

2. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

[​IMG] Another great make up Blaster. That's one shoe tree down, 14 more to go! (based on the number of shoe trees you bought during the last JAB sale)

I made a similar order during the anniversary sale. Lexington Chili Grain with wheeled chili flat welt and light brown transparent edge dressing on v-tread tap sole with leather midsole. Can't wait to get them!

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

[email protected] always manages to outdo himself. These are really creative and cool. Would love to see what he pairs them with...

-Mike

4. Allen Smithee

Allen Smithee Active Member

You can choose the eyelets? I need to check this program out. Good choice for knocking down the formality.

5. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

You can choose everything! (except for who makes them for you)

6. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

7. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

My MTO Lexingtons arrived today. I was pleasantly surprised by how fast they got completed, as I placed the order on 4/24. I gave it a quick once-over and didn't see any issues.

Specs:
    1020 BROWN CHROMEXCEL
    TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCHING
    BROWN BINDING
    FLAT CHILI WELT
    CHILI EDGE DRESSING
    BLACK DAINITE

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The chili welt looks lighter than I thought it'd be, but it's nothing some chili edge dressing couldn't take care of. I think the toe cap on these might crease a little bit, but that won't bother me. Overall, I'm pleased with this make up. It should be a very useful pair of shoes.

Last edited: May 14, 2014

8. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Looks great Mac,

Any potential creases below the captoe stitching?

9. rc121

rc121 Senior member

10. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Very cool! Well done! With a toe cap that long I think it is unavoidable. Don't sweat it!

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

@MacktasticGDogg, those look fantastic! Just for my education, what made you choose CXL for a dress shoe? Any practical reason, or just because it's cool?

12. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I would consider that a casual shoe, personally.

13. MacktasticGDogg

The MacNeil 5 Webgems also arrived today. These took a few more days than the stated 5/9 date to complete (I ordered on 4/1). I didn't see any major issues on these after a quick once-over, but the alignment of eyelets on one shoe is slightly off. It really doesn't bother me as it's not as bad as some other ones I've seen posted on the AE thread and isn't super obvious, so I'm going to let that slide as long as I don't find other glaring issues.

It's interesting to note that the internal side padding that is present on the regular MacNeils are also in this shoe. I have not seen this type of padding on any other AE model I've encountered, so I guess they really just transplanted the MacNeil onto the 65-last. The leather is indeed CXL, which is nice (I love CXL) and looks good in my estimation. This should be another versatile pair of shoes for the rotation.

Some pics:
    [​IMG]

You can see the internal padding I mentioned here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014

14. MacktasticGDogg

Thanks! Yes, I think it will crease below the captoe stitching. There is some extra volume for my foot in the vamp area, coupled with the longer captoe, I believe it will result on some creasing on the cap itself. I suspected this might be the case when I ordered, and since this is meant to be more of a casual shoe, it's not really an issue for me.

Thanks! Yes, I will enjoy them with or without the captoe creases.:happy:

I chose CXL for this MTO mainly because I really like shoes made out of CXL, but I also thought the Lexington, being a captoe blucher, would be better suited for my purposes if it was made in a more casual leather. I think it can be dressed up in a pinch, but can be dressed down further compared to the regular Lexington. I tried going for maximum versatility within the casual to business-casual spectrum with this pair.