Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

That was me placing an order lol

2. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Haha, I knew it was someone here given the pictures posted yesterday. I didn't place an order yesterday pending the outcome of my Townley resolution. However Allison said it wouldn't be a problem to place the trunk show order later for me since I told her that it would affect my decisions.

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I like the wheeling as I think it adds some interest to some of the boots and shoes..I probably would have a different opinion if I wore suits or strict business casual. Some boots like the GMTO EC I would have opted for wheeling and fudging but glad the group was smarter than I since those I got EEE it probably would have led to what you describe.

My Shaker Heights MTO I did the wheeling and fudging as I wanted more of a beefy welt since I went with the mini lug sole on it.

5. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

If I had a pair like that, I'd wear them with no-show socks and a seersucker suit every single week between May and September. Those are fantastic.

6. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm quite lucky I've placed all of my MTOs before the SF program was terminated and those that I've placed after came during the GMTO and the trunk show. Probably goes to show that with patience and keeping ears close to SF, we can still partake of AE MTOs
    W/I paying for the SMU/up charge.

7. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Looking for some advice on helping me find my AE boot size. I realize lasts are different between models. Don't have any other brand comparisons as I am just beginning into finer footwear.

On the brannock I measure 9.5D with the larger foot. Tried on a Shaker Heights last night in 9.5D - 73 last. Fit nearly perfect with medium weight sock. Only complaint was heel was a bit sloppy. I have a narrow heal.

Would I go for the same size in a 511 last/Long Branch? Or a 222 Last in an Eagle County?

Thanks

8. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Thanks random-adam! That combo looks great, unfortunately its just chinos, denim and trousers for me w/ no show socks as the work place is pretty casual and the weather in Brunei is pretty brutal too.

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Shaker Heights fits me about perfect and I am a 13E and wear a 13D in the 73 last. My heel is slightly narrow compared to rest of my foot. The Long Branch fits a bit loose compared to other 511 lasted models but would start at your true size..I use boot socks for my Longbranches and they fit perfect with them.

Eagle County is a longer narrow last and I may not be best to answer as I have a high instep and went with a 12eee...if I were to suggest for you I would say 9E for the EC but others here probably can give you a better answer on that.

10. jubu

jubu Senior member

How would you guys suggest I go about trying to maybe negotiate "Seconds" pricing on a pair of sub-par "Firsts" that I recently bought? Should I go into my store and talk to the SA or would it be easier emailing AE customer service (i.e. Allison or whomever) with photos and hopefully rectify it that way? I

11. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

I was ordering the green Dundee until I saw that photo. I am now worried about the sizing though.

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I have small feet at 8E/8.5D and I'm 5'10. All that stuff makes the shoes way clunkier than they need to be. Almost ALL the GMTO's on here have had them which is one of the reasons I never participated.

13. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I think many folks on here like it because it makes the shoes look more like Aldens.

I'm kinda over it. Definitely don't prefer it for casual shoes.

What's the simple ticking called that they put on the MacNeils and McTavish and Voyager, etc? I'm not too into that either...

14. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard Senior member

Seems like GMTO Strands are on their way!

15. suitntieguy

suitntieguy Senior member

What makes you say that?