• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrfixit

Reaction score
it doesn't say anything about specific models. does this mean any shoe can be done with no upcharge?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

it doesn't say anything about specific models.  does this mean any shoe can be done with no upcharge?

I believe they can be in Black and Burgundy (and possibly brown, still confusion there)... But the new special colors are free for the big 6, and will require a MTO fee for any other models.

-Mike

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe they can be in Black and Burgundy (and possibly brown, still confusion there)... But the new special colors are free for the big 6, and will require a MTO fee for any other models.

-Mike

That is my understanding also.

AllenEdmondsATL

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your patience--I have some updated information regarding the color choices for the event.

The basic 3 colors (black, burgundy, and brown) ARE included in the sale for any welt (at $650shoe/$725boot) without SMU upcharge.

There will be a special dark brown color for the event and they didn't want to cause confusion between the two colors and prices so it was not mentioned in the event release to the stores. I have asked for a side-by-side comparison picture of the two colors and Ryan is going to send me one from the Mich Ave event so that everyone will be able to make an informed decision on what they'd like to order :)

Also matching belts for the limited-run cordovan colors are not currently being offered. I know--this makes me sad, too.

So just to recap:
-Original brown color included with no SMU fee.
-New dark brown color with the same pricing structure as the blue, green, etc...

Cheers,
Joshua

AllenEdmondsATL

Reaction score
Anyone have any sizing tips for dundees? I'm seriously eyeing the natural shell Design that gatszu picked out. That sounded really awesome except I might opt for a rubber sole

I wear a 7.5 2E in the 65 last and I went to an 8D for the Dundee. I liked the longer profile with the 8 over the 7.5 its a wider last so the D worked fine for me.

AllenEdmondsATL

Reaction score
I received clarification yesterday from the Atlanta store that standard brown cordovan WILL be available (along with burgundy and black) for MTO's with no fee. Talk about a moving target!

The special Deep Dark brown is a limited color (like the green and blue) and applies to the 'big six' styles with no SMU fee. The special Deep Dark Brown can be used to make any other welt, but will incur the $125 SMU fee.

The regular brown is going to follow the same pricing structure as the black and burgundy shell: $650 SHOES / $725 BOOTS with no SMU fee.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Got an email from my friendly SA at the Philadelphia store and the trunk show will be there on Nov. 20th.

jch1

Reaction score
I shot Allison an email asking about doing a Bleecker Street in brown grain. Here's her response:

The Bleeker Street would be $395.00 plus a custom fee of $110.00(maximum). The custom fees are now prorated depending on what you want to change about the shoe. If you only want change the color of the leather the custom fee would be $80.00.

Looks like more things are changing in the MTO realm.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I shot Allison an email asking about doing a Bleecker Street in brown grain. Here's her response:

[COLOR=1F497D]The Bleeker Street would be $395.00 plus a custom fee of $110.00(maximum). The custom fees are now prorated depending on what you want to change about the shoe. If you only want change the color of the leather the custom fee would be $80.00. [/COLOR]

Looks like more things are changing in the MTO realm. 

That's cool. I wonder if it's still $80 to switch from calf to suede...

garland

Reaction score
That's cool. I wonder if it's still $80 to switch from calf to suede...

Absolutely. Pricing is dependent on kind of leather. So calf to suede will be the same. Only difference is if you opt to do a cordovan leather which would still be the $80, but on top of the cordovan price of $650 or $725, depending on shoe or boot.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool indeed. I wonder if it goes the other way, Doing a calf shoe in shell being more than $125, or have they always just bumped it up to $650? I can't remember.

Also, haven't heard anyone else speaking up about getting their GMTO invoices. Dry spell? Or just keeping quiet?

ymmt

Reaction score

I wear a 7.5 2E in the 65 last and I went to an 8D for the Dundee. I liked the longer profile with the 8 over the 7.5 its a wider last so the D worked fine for me.

I generally go with 11D on the 5 Last. I'm wondering if the Dundee or Malvern are usually stocked in-stores because I am not so confident about this last and would prefer to get sized properly.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that Long Branch and Gobi are now quietly on sale?

Gobi is 221 now.

CAN WE GET 12 FOR OLIVE SUEDE?????????

;)

AllenEdmondsATL

Reaction score
I generally go with 11D on the 5 Last. I'm wondering if the Dundee or Malvern are usually stocked in-stores because I am not so confident about this last and would prefer to get sized properly.

There is an 11D Dundee available from the warehouse in Black Cordovan. Just one company wide. I'd be happy to bring it into the store for sizing if you'd like...or if you're not local to Atlanta I am sure your local SA could bring it in for you. Let me know if that's something you'd like me to assist you with.

Cheers,
Joshua

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics