1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Wow. Those are really cool. Keeping them clean is going to suck though. They don't sell white polish, do they?

-Mike

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I bought my Walnut Shell Daltons during that web gem. I already had walnut calf strands so I didn't purchase the shell strands. Probably one of my biggest shoe regrets.

3. johngee

johngee Member

Straight up baller. Looking forward to seeing pics of you sporting these in the wild.

4. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Senior member

My wife was on me trying to make the exact shoe… going to have to show her and see if she approves.

5. TLHouston

TLHouston Active Member

I recently purchased the AE Hanover in black calf and liked them so much I decided to see if they could make them in a burgundy shell cordovan. It's obvious they don't offer these on the website MTO, so I called my local AE store (New Orleans) and inquired about the possibility. Robin, the mgr, had to inquire with the factory, and called me back within 10 mins with good news! 6 weeks later I got them! I've had them 2 weeks and 4 wears later here's what they look like. I had heard that she'll was difficult to make in a whole cut, but these are perfect! Nothing has touched them other than a brush! 8th AE, 2nd shell cordovan. Very pleased! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Those are very cool shoes. I was wondering how they would crease as a whole cut design. I am really impressed that AE was able to do a whole cut in Shell Cordovan just due to the size of a piece of shell. Curious, what size they are. I imagine that the largest sizes would not be able to do that just because Shell isn't that big, but I could be wrong. Most PTBs are actually essentially just one piece of shell as well, and various manufacturers make those as standard shell designs.

Looks like you just went standard Hanover with just a Shell upper (I.e. No rolled edges or Independence Lining, etc).

-Mike

7. TLHouston

TLHouston Active Member

I'm a 9.5 D. Nothing extra on the linings, I just went with the standard on the sole and heels as well. When I have them recrafted I'll for sure go with the Dainite sole.

8. TLHouston

TLHouston Active Member

I'm a 9.5 D. Nothing extra on the linings, I just went with the standard on the sole and heels as well. When I have them recrafted I'll for sure go with the Dainite sole.

9. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

So white pebble... Are they unlined like regular Neumoks? How is the fit compared to those suede AS's you are selling?

10. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior member

About those wholecuts, is it me or does the chisel toe look a bit more round than the standard calf offering?

11. TLHouston

TLHouston Active Member

They're actually not. I own both and they are exactly the same.

12. stgrim

stgrim Senior member

Mora 2.0 MTOs

*BURGUNDY SHELL CORDOVAN
    *RED LINING LEATHER *NO PAD *RED SOCKLINER ONLY *CHILI FLAT WELT
    *LIGHT BROWN EDGE DRESSING
    *INDEPENDENCE OUTSOLE
    *AE TOPLIFT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Very nice! Did you ask for the full rubber heel? I thought the indpendence outsole had a dovetail heel.

14. stgrim

stgrim Senior member

Yes I did ask for a full rubber heel because my walking pattern wears out the heel exceptionally fast. The "AE TOPLIFT" is the code for this option.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  15. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

^ beautiful dub monks. I so wanted to do this but am trying to restrain myself

16. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

These look awesome!

17. mdavis534

mdavis534 Senior member

Been thinking about a casual leeds mto. something along the lines:

natural CXL
    chili welt
    black dainite

what do you guys think. suggestions welcome.

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I have natty CXL with natural welt and red Dainite due hopefully in the next few weeks. I think yours will be a great casual makeup.

19. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

[​IMG]

20. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

[​IMG]