• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of Color 8 Tankers in 9E (@JayDotz's post above is so close...). If you have a pair that isn't getting as much use as you'd like, would you be willing to let them go to a new home? I've emailed every Alden shop I can find and haven't been able to find a pair in my size anywhere. Dylan at TSM told me they just put in an order, but it hasn't been confirmed by Alden yet, and in any case, I'd like to have a pair sooner than next summer...

Please PM me if you can help me out. Thanks!

I assume you tried reaching out to Madison? I know they just got a restock within the last month or so.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Right? I would jump so fast for a pair of green suede Indys in 11EE.
Or 8.5/9 D :)

Yeah, I have thought very hard and long about this.
I think I will end up regretting getting rid of them ?, but I am simply overflowing with boots and to top it off, I am currently helplessly involved in 4 confirmed pre-orders, plus waiting on color-6 from EB and color-4 from Carmina.
I need to get this hobby under control, and this sale right now feels like the right thing to do. ?

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Accidental thread crossover... :brick:

Late post today with after work shots. First day of the new job today; a bit nerve wracking getting back at it. Lots to learn but hopefully a good opportunity to make something good happen.

Black shell Park Avenue and a conservative outfit to step in looking like I owned the place. Felt pretty good wearing it all.

DSC00241.JPG
DSC00244.JPG

Last edited:

oskrusa

Reaction score
Late post today with after work shots. First day of the new job today; a bit nerve wracking getting back at it. Lots to learn but hopefully a good opportunity to make something good happen.

Black shell Park Avenue and a conservative outfit to step in looking like I owned the place. Felt pretty good wearing it all.

Looking good. Hope everything goes well on the new gig.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Hope everything goes well on the new gig.

whoopsie daisy meant to post in another thread.... but since you commented, thank you!! :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I have thought very hard and long about this.
I think I will end up regretting getting rid of them ?, but I am simply overflowing with boots and to top it off, I am currently helplessly involved in 4 confirmed pre-orders, plus waiting on color-6 from EB and color-4 from Carmina.
I need to get this hobby under control, and this sale right now feels like the right thing to do. ?
I TOTALLY understand your reasoning and rationale. I have been getting rid of boots I love, for basically the same reasons. I regret letting some of them go, but feel good knowing that my friends here are wearing them, so they have good homes.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of Color 8 Tankers in 9E (@JayDotz's post above is so close...). If you have a pair that isn't getting as much use as you'd like, would you be willing to let them go to a new home? I've emailed every Alden shop I can find and haven't been able to find a pair in my size anywhere. Dylan at TSM told me they just put in an order, but it hasn't been confirmed by Alden yet, and in any case, I'd like to have a pair sooner than next summer...

Please PM me if you can help me out. Thanks!
Yenni has color 8 on preorder, have you contacted her?

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new home for my pair of Alden Alpine Grain NST boots. These are all brass eyelets, with pull tabs. They were the Unionmade makeup, so they are like a collectors item now, right?? :) These are in pretty great shape, could probably use a better brushing then I have given them. Light wear at best. No faults that I see. They are a size 10 Barrie. Any questions please let me know. Thanks for looking!

With Alden boot bags and an Alden box, but strangely it's not the correct box? Don't know how that happened, so let me know if you don't want it.

Asking $425 shipping included in the US.

View attachment 1230650

View attachment 1230651

View attachment 1230652
Black Friday special for $350 before they head off to Ebay!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yenni has color 8 on preorder, have you contacted her?
She has one going for April delivery, but it only has D widths available. I emailed her this morning to see if I could still get a 9E on that one, and I'll see what she says. Her next pre-order for the Tanker is scheduled for September 2020 delivery.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She has one going for April delivery, but it only has D widths available. I emailed her this morning to see if I could still get a 9E on that one, and I'll see what she says. Her next pre-order for the Tanker is scheduled for September 2020 delivery.

Do you think demand from SF alone could sustain an Alden dealer? We would make decisions for special orders/rare shell editions and which stock items to buy? Likely not, but these are the types of questions I ponder when I see things like a September 2020 delivery date. That said, we can't expand the factory, so maybe we would be in the same condition.

Alden Northwest

Reaction score
Do you think demand from SF alone could sustain an Alden dealer? We would make decisions for special orders/rare shell editions and which stock items to buy? Likely not, but these are the types of questions I ponder when I see things like a September 2020 delivery date. That said, we can't expand the factory, so maybe we would be in the same condition.

Jim at Eladwine told me that the factory is severely backed up on hand stitched models at the moment. Ealdwine has been trying to get a tanker going and have been pushed back to late 2020.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jim at Eladwine told me that the factory is severely backed up on hand stitched models at the moment. Ealdwine has been trying to get a tanker going and have been pushed back to late 2020.

Time to bring back.... the shell machine-stitched Indy!

Which, ok, doesn't help with NSTs. But would be cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics