• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

Spunwell

Reaction score
View attachment 1707095

View attachment 1707097

View attachment 1707099 View attachment 1707100 View attachment 1707101 View attachment 1707102 View attachment 1707103 View attachment 1707104 View attachment 1707105 View attachment 1707106 View attachment 1707107 View attachment 1707108

Indy boots natty CXL size 8.5 on Barry (serial included if I’m not correct) up for sale. I don’t really know how to price these. I’m good with $500.00 net reasonable offers are accepted. Shipping only to CONUS. These are not on EBay yet, hoping a true connoisseur will turn a kind eye. You can reach me here or spunwell at yahoo dot com.
View attachment 1707113 View attachment 1707114 View attachment 1707115 View attachment 1707116 View attachment 1707117 View attachment 1707118 View attachment 1707119 View attachment 1707120 View attachment 1707121 View attachment 1707122 View attachment 1707123 View attachment 1707124

These #8 shell NST’s size 8.5D on Barrie (specs included if I’m not correct) are up for sale. The brass eyelets were added by Nick at Peking. They have only been worn three times. If you don’t prefer the round laces I would like to keep them. Looking for $500.00 net shipping only to CONUS. I can be reached here or spunwell at yahoo dot com.

Any interest here guys?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price drop on these 9D modified The Mitchell v-tips from Ealdwine. They are formed in the sleek Hampton last. $575 net to me includes shipping. Comes with all the goodies and I’ll even include a pair of unused Alden trees.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Man, you gotta love bloom!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm quickly running out of space for shoes and need to downsize my collection somewhat. Happy to bundle some of these and offer additional discounts. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested or have any questions.

Color 4 Tankers sold.

Alden Cigar Longwing Bluchers. Size 9E on Barrie. Much older run of Cigar that's more similar to Ravello or Color 4. Unknown number of wears but still in amazing shape. $600 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden Snuff Suede Plaza Indys. Size 9.5E on Plaza and made for B+M. Absolutely killer makeup and worn fewer than 5 times. $450 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden 405 Indys. Size 9E on Trubalance. Lovely, rich shade on these and worn around 5 times. $400 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden Color 4 Medallion Cap Toe Derbies. Size 9.5E on Plaza. BNIB and never tried on. $1,200 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden Cigar U-Tip Derbies. Size 9E on Barrie. Tried on indoors. $1,000 net to me shipped CONUS

Last edited:

sanomnia

Reaction score
I'm quickly running out of space for shoes and need to downsize my collection somewhat. Happy to bundle some of these and offer additional discounts. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested or have any questions.

Color 4 Tankers sold.

Too bad.....I will definitely take the C4 derbies if that is a 9E....

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, posting 2 NIB pairs. A friend of mine could use some help these holidays so I’m parting with some shoes to help out. I may have more to follow, and I think I have some in my signature that are available. Thanks for looking. PM me offers. I should add, I’m just looking for retail + whatever you care to add.

Whiskey NST Boot on Plaza 9E

View attachment 1712960 View attachment 1712961 View attachment 1712963 View attachment 1712964 View attachment 1712965

Whiskey shortwing bal which I believe are Tremont (thanks @JSO1) Size 8.5E

View attachment 1712967 View attachment 1712968 View attachment 1712969 View attachment 1712970
Now sold.

AJ1

Reaction score
some great offerings listed over the past few days.

Its a long shot, but if anyone else is looking to unload C4 tankers/Indy/WTB in size 9D, please let me know. thanks!

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been years since I've been in the Alden thread on a frequent basis and following the rare shell chase + the new makeups. Due to that (and me still figuring out which shoes I want to sell), I'm posting an INTEREST CHECK rather than a true Classified listing here. If you're interested in any of these, please PM me!

All shoes available with Alden box, shoe bag, and whatever else was shipped (paper, plastic bag, etc.) Most boxes are in good shape. Shoes have been stored in boxes with trees.

Alden LWBs in Cigar Shell Cordovan - 12D (Barrie, I believe). Probably five wears max; really rich and bright shell color. Can't remember which vendor I bought these from but it was at retail. Probably looking to sell at $1,000 but I may hold onto these as they're my only LWB pair.

Alden PTBs in Whiskey Shell Cordovan - 12D (Barrie, I believe). Probably 10-15 wears max; another really rich shell of Whiskey shade. I think I bought these from Alden DC. Probably looking to sell at $1,000 but I may hold onto these as they're my only PTB pair.

Alden 'Naval Boot" PCT in Color #8 Shell Cordovan - 12D (Barrie, I believe). Probably 5-10 wears max; the color looks pretty dark in the photo but I recall these looking eggplant-y when I'd wear them to the office (YMMV). Purchased from Leffot years ago as it's an awesome makeup from them. Probably looking to sell at $600 as I think I can sell these without issue as I also own the Leffot NST Tanker boot in #8.

Alden Wingtip Boot in Cigar Shell Cordovan - 12D (Barrie, I believe). Fewer than five wears; a darker shade than the LWBs but still with really strong brown hues. Note that the left boot has some bloom that it looks like I need to clean up. Purchased either from TSM or Alden NY, I think. Probably looking to sell at $1,200 as I also have the C&J for RL brown shell cordovan Lindrick and I don't think I need both.

Alden Indy Boot in Cigar Shell Cordovan - 12D (Trubalance, I guess?). Fewer than five wears; color is closer to the LWBs than the Wingtips. Given how few wears these have, I am certain I can buff out that mark on the left toebox. Purchased from TSM, I believe, and probably looking to sell at $1,200. These are my only shell Indys but I usually look to wear calf when I am in outfits that call for Indys.

For those my size, I'm also interested in selling my G&G Thorpes in Oak Kudu (12E on MH71; barely wear them... $1,400?) and C&J for Peal & Co/Brooks Brothers pebble grain captoe boots (12D; have a similar G&G boot in grain... $300?). PM me if you have interest.

I've decided to hang onto the LWBs and Thorpes but bumping these with updated prices:

Whiskey PTBs: $900
Cigar WT boots: $1,100
Cigar Indy boots: $1,100
#8 Nava boots: $500
(C&J CT boots: $300)

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Color 4 Tankers sold.

Alden Cigar Longwing Bluchers. Size 9E on Barrie. Much older run of Cigar that's more similar to Ravello or Color 4. Unknown number of wears but still in amazing shape. $600 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden Snuff Suede Plaza Indys. Size 9.5E on Plaza and made for B+M. Absolutely killer makeup and worn fewer than 5 times. $450 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden 405 Indys. Size 9E on Trubalance. Lovely, rich shade on these and worn around 5 times. $400 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden Color 4 Medallion Cap Toe Derbies. Size 9.5E on Plaza. BNIB and never tried on. $1,200 net to me shipped CONUS

Alden Cigar U-Tip Derbies. Size 9E on Barrie. Tried on indoors. $1,000 net to me shipped CONUS

Color 4 tankers and Cigar U-Tips sold. Color 4 mcts, snuff Plaza Indys, Cigar LWBs and 405s still available

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads